Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading over to my Dads last night, and had some plum right up my ass in a Honda Civic, looked fairly new, and had some kind of badge on the grill (but not Type R, possible 2.0??) Anyway once the traffic eased off and I was out of the 30mph zone (was on a B road, near Market Weighton, East Yorks), I decided enough was enough and put my foot down. He was obviously trying to keep up, and even though I left him for dust [:D] his car was by no means slow, and after easing off he was back on my tail fairly quickly [:(]. My .:R is at Stage 2, running around 270bhp. Anyone know what car this clown might have been driving?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
A lot of Type-R owners up here remove the front and rear badges... do you know for certain it wasn't a Type-R? (it has a good 250kg weight advantage over the .:R)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty sure it wasnt, they are more angled at the front arent they? the road was quite bendy, and I could see his motor rolling quite abit, cant imagine the Type R would do that... not that much anyways?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Type S, 2.0 160BHp,available IIRC only in 5 door.

Remember Type R only in 3 door if that helps to eliminate it??

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 08/04/2005 21:40:32

type s is a poor mans type r - even though the r is cheap in itself.

Hmmm dont really agree with that. It's a good options for people who want a fast car and a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's a good options for people who want a fast car and a comfortable ride.

People that want a fast car with a comfortable ride do not buy a Honda Civic...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quote: posted by spencert on 08/04/2005 21:50:58

It's a good options for people who want a fast car and a comfortable ride.

People that want a fast car with a comfortable ride do not buy a Honda Civic...

Err ok. Was just my opinion [^]

·
Registered
90 Posts
The type s comes only as a 1.6 and they are rubbish!!! We run them on the fleet at work and are a type r for young drivers.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I found the Honda (type-r that is), very firm, but better damped than any VW i've driven... not anywhere near as crashy and sloppy.

In that context i'd say the Honda is much more the comfortable ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A friend of mine has a type r and he is always moaning about the suspension of my anni tdi, I have to say the type r seems to take dodgy road surfaces much better than my golf.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quote: posted by N8CKH on 08/04/2005 23:31:52

The type s comes only as a 1.6 and they are rubbish!!! We run them on the fleet at work and are a type r for young drivers.

Sorry but that isnt accurate. The 1.6 Civics are the SE, Executive and Executive Sat Nav. The Type-S is only available in a 2.0 as the Type-S and the Type-S Sat Nav.

Also, if they are rubbish how can they be a Type-R for young drivers? Isnt that like saying a 1.6SE Golf is a GTI for younger drivers?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Quote: posted by N8CKH on 08/04/2005 23:31:52

Nope, 1.6 Sport available in 3 door.

2.0 Type-S with ~ 160 BHP in 5 door.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts