Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

Posted Image

2.0 G60 in a mk1 [H]

More pics here:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6970705&uid=512656

Here's the spec:

Engine & Transmission

G60 block machined to allow bore of 82.5mm and stroke of 92.8mm, 1984cc. Piston cooling jets removed. 3.6 kg flywheel. All components lighten and balanced. 9.?:1 compression ratio. Raceware fixings used throughout. Mk3 2Ltr oil pump. Steel head gasket to clear 82.5mm bore.
Eurospec custom cast solid lifter head with larger valves. Schrick cam. Supersprint GpA exhaust Ported throttle body inlet trumpet, deleted return boost pipe. JMR G-Lader with knife edged Golf Rallye exhaust elbow. Jetex cone filter. 70mm pulley. Magnocor 8.5mm leads. FSE fuel pressure valve running 3.5bar. Deleted idle stabiliser unit. Samco hoses
throughout. Custom made full width intercooler. G60 radiator with low temp fan switch and thermostat two-speed fan. G12 plus coolant. 2.5" Jetex Rally exhaust. Diesel side and rear mounts with Tectronics front mount. Helix organic 210mm clutch plate with Sach steel cover. 16V "2Y" gearbox rebuilt with shot peened gear set including main shaft and a diesel clutch lever weight. Redline MTL gearbox oil, Caddy drive shafts. Tectronics quickshift with 75% reduction with brass linkage bushes. Complete component spec will be provided to the new owner. Engine built by Stealth Racing to my spec. Custom map done by Geoff Everett ex AMD at Stealth Racing.

273.8 bhp @ 6708rpm 231.0 lb/ft @ 4445rpm at Stealth Racing UK
Power graphs available for viewing.

Suspension

Spax RSX coilovers fitted with 250lb 9" front spring and 225lb 8" rear springs. Eibach anti roll bar kit. Powerflex bushes throughout. New steering rack, with poly bushes. Poly rear strut mounts. New front wishbones, ball joints and top mounts. Volksport adjustable lower strut brace.

Brakes

256mm cross-drilled Zimmerman cross-drilled front discs with Pagid fast road pads and Audi 90 front calipers. 16v-rear disc conversation fitted with Zimmerman cross-drilled discs and Pagid fast road pads. 16v brake servo and 22mm master cylinder. Six line Goodridge braided hose set and Castrol racing fluid.

Body

1981 Mk1 Volkswagen Golf GTI, restored to original spec and finished in Diamond Silver 3 years ago with full photographic rebuild. Steel factory sunroof and green tinted glass with top tint screen. New bumpers, arches, front spoiler, badges and window rubbers. Battery relocated to boot with a BMW 3 series battery kit. All non-engine-related items removed or relocated from engine bay with rain panel removed and hidden wiring.

Interior

Factory black and silver strip interior. 89 spec 16v clocks 160mph, 8k rev counter. Electric windows. Central looking linked to the alarm. Toad alarm and Cat2 immobilizer. Racetec oil pressure, oil temperature, and boost gauges fitted in the center console.

Underside

This Mk1 shell had benefited from being wayolyed from new, which has allowed no welding required what so ever underneath, but during the refurbishment I have installed the following items. New fuel system including tank, fuel pump, accumulator and lines, including custom made items for the accumulator since these are no longer available. New brake pipes throughout. Complete underside rust protected and waxoyled again.

Performance Figures

These were taken at Santa Pod in road going trim i.e. not slicks. 13.075 sec @ 112mph

Also car was run at GTI International and did a best of 4.55 seconds to 60mph and a 12.937 quarter mile

Hopefully he'll be taking me for a spin sometime soon. [:p]

·
Registered
454 Posts
i wondered who ended up with that .. i know of 3 guys who were trying to sell their own cars so they could buy that [:D]

·
Registered
558 Posts
I know the rear of the car was jacked up hot rod style but still, 4.5secs to 60mph with fwd is special.  I'd love to strip it out and fit a bahn brenner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just for the record,this mk1 was NOT jacked up hot rod style. The rear is set slightly higher than the front and has been from day one,like u can see in the pics at the very top of the page.

Also heres another pic of it at inters,this is how it was sat.(sorry for the big pic)

Posted Image

·
Registered
558 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bent Rimz.

I have not actually seen the car but it was the seller on the Dubforce forum that told me that it achieved a sub 13sec 1/4 (@ the pod) on standard road tyres but with the filter poking through the grill and with a jacked up rear height. Just quoting the seller.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts