Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's everyone off to on there next years holidays then?

Just been to kefilonia (greece) with the missus and kavos with the lads & last saturday me and the lads booked next years holiday, going to cancun mexico for 2 weeks in june but me and the missus cant decide where to go yet possibly thinking egypt but not sure as a friends dad went last year in june and it was 52 degrees! [:O] Think that might be a bit too hot for me!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ha! might bump into you.Me 'an the missus and our friends are booking cancun for june next year.

they are just back and say its AMAZING. Saw the photos and have to agree. can't wait.....[H]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I went to the Moon Palace, Cancun in July ( abt 5 years back ) for my Honeymoon - I think it was low 40s then but plenty hot enough ! It was nice but the beaches are better downtown. Yep, T'Eygpt can get far too hot.

Am hoping to go back to Menorca in August - baby no2 due mid May so will have to see what happens and play it by ear..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Im off to Antigua in Feb where Im bestman at a very good mates wedding - staying at a hotel called BlueWater which is one of the best on the island!

Other then that, due to a little one on its way, probably wont get another big holiday for 5 more years....nooooooooooooooooo

But least I have Disney to look forward to in years to come again!! haahaa

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmmm...always fancied going to Cancun, will have to keep that in mind.

Otherwise I imagine I'll be going to New York a couple of times as my girlfriend has to visit the US office once a quarter - I only have to pay for a cheap flight as her work pay for the accommodation! Will definitely go and see my brother who lives about an hour away from LA - again I'll just have to pay for a flight!

Jeffers

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i literally cant wait! Always fancied cancun but was out of the price range when i was 18, 19, 20 etc so the last 4 holidays have just been the typical lads holidays to magaluf, zante, crete & kavos, now we're a bit older and have a bit more money we decided to go for it! 2 weeks, 5 star hotel, all inclusive (which includes free beer the whole holiday[:p]) & potentially upgrade to first class once on the plane as it is loads cheaper (a friend did it last year after the stewerdess's were offering it at a bargain price as there were plenty of spare seats!)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I went to Tunisia a while back and it was 50 in the shade! Way too hot for me.....

Supposed to be going to Houston for xmas (GF's family are there) but looks like work is going to get in the way. I'm organising our rugby club's tour for next may and it looks like Mexico is the front runner at the moment. I also plan to go to Costa Rica with the GF next summer[H]

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im in France already so Were gonna start off in Brittany then onto Bordeaux than onto Montpellier, then in August of to the south of spain to see my mum and then to the UK to see my dad ( dont look forward going back to the UK if Im honest)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Off to Hong Kong next April with the missus, thanks to Oasis Airlines and their incredible ?260 rtn ticket. Its just as well I've saved on the tickets because I plan to binge out big time on gadgets, replica watches etc.. Nearer the time I will be asking for help [:D]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nowhere at the moment, and probably won't be [:(]

We went to Menorca this September just gone, and Mexico last November. Stayed in Play Car, which is about 25 miles from Cancun. I love Mexico, it's a fantastic place.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hopefully off to America again next year (to house, dog, cat and budgie sit for family). Cheap holiday.

Then without doubt off to Gumbet Turkey in the summer for a week as usual. Again another cheapish holiday, but we love it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
March 07.

New York , Las Vegas , Phoenix , Los Angeles , Boston [:D]

Then back to Boston in August !

looks like a busy year !

cant wait tho

regards

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
21st Feb & I'm off to CUBA for 2weeks, returning 7th March

Home for just over 2weeks & then off to Taiwan for a week (work)

We'll be visiting the inlaws in Lanzarote possibly May & September too, which is just a cheap flight.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wish i had some family abroad so i could just get a cheap flight and that would be it..... bargain holiday! [Y]

I've got a mate who's missus has just moved to milan for a year (doing some fashion course) and hes been getting a flight out there almost every weekend, because he booked them in advance, it costs him ?46 for a return ticket!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Went to Cancun last year,it SUCKED!!!.."2 weeks of p1ssed up brits,brawling and 5am wake up calls.This year for the same money had 2 weeks in the Maldives.5 star all-inclusive resort,the works.You gotta try that...Oh and last month went to Benidorm,1 week,p1ssed up brits and etc etc..[H]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts