Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got to the point of turning my conversion over with the coils unplugged and the oil feed banjo cracked off to see if it lashed oil all over on turnover which would proove I have oil pressure, it didnt, not a drop, turned it over for a good 15-20 seconds.

Any ideas?

I dont fancy starting it not knwoing if I will get pressure.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theory? its a prooven fact of life that 95% of members of this forum know bot all about cars and 99% of the posts on the forum are not about cars or are about the same 5 subjects

porsche wheels

HID's

speeding fines (avoidance of)

Air suspension

smoothing stuff

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Incidentally the earth wire from the starter wasnt grounding properly, incase anyone needs it in future lol

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
PMSL... such a revealing post!

Are you on ClubGTI?? There must be 100 mk2 conversions on there and the knowledge to boot!

Rich

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a member yeah, dont post much tho, too busy fighting the cause on here lol

I shall go over and investigate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has the engine been sat for a while with no oil in whatsoever/dry oil filter? if so will take more than 20 secs to build oil pressure. Just done the shells on my mates bmw 328 and that took a good 40 - 50 secs of cranking to build oil pressure on a bone dry engine.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorted, it just needed more cranking, I ended up with oil all over my garage floor tho lol

·
Shell's best customer
3,227 Posts
sorted, it just needed more cranking, I ended up with oil all over my garage floor tho lol
Isn't a worthwhile day in the garage if you don't!... PS kitty litter is pretty good at clearing it up if you didnt know...

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have some sand mate, does the same thing, soaks it up.

my garage floor is painted with that plasticy paint stuff so it comes off pretty good. Its been hammered doing the conversion tho, needs doing again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts