Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd show you her with the new Hoffle Vents fitted (Ta Awesome)

They are supplied in mat black plastic, so I've painted them (with genuine vw paint)to blend in with the bumper colour better & look more OEM.

& Whilst at it I gave her a quick going over with some Pinnicle wax[^]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Looking gorgeous as usual Mr B !

I love your red nurburgring badge too.. very cool.. saw one on a car at work last year and the guy didn't know what it was about when I asked him !

Good pics mate. I'll be ordering my hofele's this week [:D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
All these pics of shiny black cars is making me jealous! Mine looks a right state at the moment [:(]

Looks wicked Jace [:)]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 16/01/2005 19:10:24

Very nice mod there! How much did the intakes set you back?

Cheers chaps, [^]

The vents cost 30quid +vat from http Awesome-gti & the paint was about a tenner from dealers.

Its a very stealthy styling mod which only a true mk4'er would spot I think, I especialy like how they mirror the vents in the lower valence too [:D]

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you have any spare paint left over I reckon filling in the unpainted bits on the rear VW badge would look good

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Looks good from here [^]

Have you thought about an OEM rear spoiler. That would be a nice touch too IMO. I have never had a black car yet, and your pics make me want one even more [}:)] [:D]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Jace, there is a rear spoiler in the classifieds, have to admit I am tempted, but you should go for it. I think you could spray that yourself and get away with it.

Ox

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had thought about it, but not 100% sure, quite like the standard OEM look, quite minimal [^]

I think painted valences may be on the cards, but I'll get a new front one & she's quite shot peened now, rears fine.[?] Or maybe even an Anni version instead.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Look in the group buy section! you seen the deal on the anni kit? Its amazing! think of that extra paint to shine!

I am tempted, however I am not sure how the Montreal 2s will look on it...

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 19/01/2005 12:20:45

I am tempted, however I am not sure how the Montreal 2s will look on it...

[:I]

Yea they may look a little undersized, nothing that a set of 19" Anthracite RS6 rims wouldnt sort out.

To be honest though I'd rather work on the performance side of things instead, making her a lot quicker, & leaving the outside stealthy standard (almost)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts