Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject has been thrown to my attention that i mite have to bite the bullet and sell the bora for a van of some kind to support the running of my new venture. Problem is i cant cart around 2 kids and a wife in a van!

Im looking at getting either an Estate car (which im my eyes would have to be a bolfed golf estate) or a VW transporter thingy but with windows and 7 seats. Its gutting to think i mite have to sell the bora coz of the mass amount of cash i have injected into it over the last 8 9 months, but i suppose it one of those things.

New car/van must have

Diesel engine

5 seats minimum

enough room to cart about my tools

something that going to look nice modded still.

I been looking about but there so much out there, i wanna try and stay VW as i have a VW private plate as i had no intentions of selling the bora. Hopefully i will not have to but im going to have to be responsible and maybe consider it for the sake of the growth of my company.

any ideas would be cool.

·
Registered
751 Posts
What a shame it would be if the Bora has to go, but as you said future growth and profitability of your new venture must come first...

I think I personally would agree with you and go for the 'Bolf Estate. Then again, if you need 7 seats even this is inadequate...

...which puts us firmly into the Transporter territory!

·
Registered
764 Posts
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201105378902126/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/4000/price-from/2000/model/golf/make/volkswagen/radius/1500/page/2/keywords/tdi%20estate/postcode/fk41je?logcode=p

Obviously you pointed it out, but I suppose with a set of wheels, collies and colour coding it would look pretty beastly.

In saying that, don't sell the bora, it's one of the nicer ones around here and it will probably break your heart trying to sell it, knowing fine well the money you get back won't be anywhere near what it cost you.

Best of luck with the change.

·
Registered
751 Posts
This may be a silly suggestion but rather than getting rid of the Bora what about buying a trailer for it? You get to keep the car and still haul your tools and goods about!

(OK, security, visibility, and convenience might be a few issues here, but sacrifices do have to be made from time to time in order to keep the things we love!)

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
What budget are you looking at?

If you're insistent on sticking with VW then the obvious ones are:

Golf Estate (could go MkV dependent on budget),

Passat Estate (again, age and model depends on budget)

Touran.

If you have a big budget, maybe even a Caddy Maxi Life.

If you'd be content with just a VAG car then other options open up like the Octavia Estate or and Altea / Altea XL which have relatively big boots.

Jon.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
What budget are you looking at?

If you're insistent on sticking with VW then the obvious ones are:

Golf Estate (could go MkV dependent on budget),

Passat Estate (again, age and model depends on budget)

Touran.

If you have a big budget, maybe even a Caddy Maxi Life.

If you'd be content with just a VAG car then other options open up like the Octavia Estate or and Altea / Altea XL which have relatively big boots.

Jon.
if you got budget caddy maxi life is the way to go imo

seen some of them modded and they do look fresh mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts