Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my gt tdi...for the past 3-4 days i have had this squeaking noise coming from the front passenger side of my car...it only happens when i come off speed bumps or driving on a humpy road...well i took it 1st to wheel mania, he had a quick look at it told me that my front shocks had gone but he reccommended that i took it to a mechanic to get it checked out...then i took it to a mate of mine to see if he could shed abit more light on to the problem...he jacked the car up and had a look at the shocks and then he added to it saying that my drive shaft looked like it was on the way out, but he needed to have up on a ramp for him to comfirm it...but he dont have one at his garage..sooooo i went off to my local kwick fit and they got it up on a ramp, to gave me some good news in that the drive shaft was all ok but my shocks where gone and that my wish bone bushes had totally gone nothing left there at all just metal to metal and there was sooo much play there..they priced it up to replace everythign on the car that needs to be replaced to ?500, but i had a ring around and the boys at awesome helped me alot advised me that i can upgrade the bushes to the powerflex bushes...sooo that was a cut of the cost there...but i need a nice shock and spring set for around ?200 because i dont wanna spend too much on the car now...bit by bit im getting put of the car now...im just wanna get it sorted and buy a range rover in feb next year...any advise on what to do would be very greatful...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lower it on coilovers and fit powerflex all round.....

Then fit some ARB's and get it chipped.

Then you will have a sorted, quick car.
i was thinkin about coilovers i seen the ones on ebay the fk coilovers for about ?300...im gonna get the powerflex bushes aswel defo just gotto get some funds together...arb's is a maybe depends on how long i keep the motor for...

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Listen to everyone sonny, and get the suspension sorted, and drop it
with spring and shocks forget about coilovers because you'll never use
the adjustment on them

and changes the bushes and the arb's as i keep telling you aswell [:p]

Sat

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Range Rover!? Are you loaded!?
Obviously Graham, the guys been through two MK4's in the last 6 months or so and thrown a lot of money into both of them... For which now, seems for nothing! [:(]

Sonny, i won't be getting rid of mine for a long time, i've too many things i want to do to it and i love it far too much... More than i could ever love a Range Rover. IMO mine is one of the nicest MK4's i've ever seen (OK so that may sound biased, but i think it's true. It's got style) and shows how nice you can make them with a little imagination and perseverance. That's the main word here, persevere! So don't sound so disappointed, there's always ways round sorting these problems... You just need to have a little faith mate! [Y]

Take Sem's advice and get it sorted that way. Tell us you'll stick around and forget the whole Range Rover idea! lol [;)]

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.