Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that it is the Golf has hit the magical 100K mark, took a pic on the phone at 99999 and 100000.

Engine is still pulling great, clutch will be done in the next couple of weeks.

Have a slight issue with starting - fine when it is stone cold and warm but if cold but not absolutely cold it take a bit of throttle to get it to fire. I don't think that the fuel system is priming when I open the door. No codes and the alarm is fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations - It's a good feeling isnt it!

(BTW my wife's mk2 GTD now has 260K on it [:D] )

(still going strong!)

Jim.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had a similaer starting problem Paul, Autotechnik has just replaced a temp sensor ( green with yellow dot ) that usually causes the problem. Will find out in the next few days if it's cured it. I'll let you know.

Scott

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Scott,

I have already changed my temp sendor to no avail. As it is a 99 AGU I have the early square shaped sendor.

Might pickup a loom and try the newer style green one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm only on 69K myself!

Starting issues...

An odd one, maybe check the fuel pump and/or filter although these would possibly show up on cold starts also.

Check the intake temp sensor using vag-com, log it.

Maybe lambada probe?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Filter not changed that long ago also it is fine if the car has been standing overnight.

Think it might be the circuit prime that is the problem as I can't hear it any more.

Could do with someone confirming under what circumstances they hear the fuel prime on a 1.8T when you open the drivers door.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Jazz Blue on 17/11/2004 13:42:10

Filter not changed that long ago also it is fine if the car has been standing overnight.

Think it might be the circuit prime that is the problem as I can't hear it any more.

Could do with someone confirming under what circumstances they hear the fuel prime on a 1.8T when you open the drivers door.

Definatley primes when you come to it in the morning, I'm just back from badminton 30 mins ago, so will try now... Let u know later...

It's when you open the door

·
Registered
539 Posts
Left mine for 40 mins and unlocjed it with the keyfob. It primes as you open the door. It's very noticeable actually when you're looking for it!!!

Did the same again within 2 mins and it didn't prime.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by markie on 17/11/2004 20:19:00

Mines on 98k, no issues except still on original cambelt-scary or what!!

That is I'd get it done soonish, the belt is probably OK as mine was perfect at 80K. What wasn't though was the idler puley and water pump.

Lots of threads on here about it but basically - belt, tensioner, idler puley and water pump and as it has to come of anyway you may as well change the aux drive belt too.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Mines done 124,000 now...

Still sweet as a nutt and just been serviced.

But the Mini Cooper S will be coming shortly ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts