Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. Just treated myself to a golf and joined this forum. Now I need to fit the parrot 3100 bluetooth unit my folks got me. I know the car is ISO so things should be pretty simple but is there anything I need to keep in the front of my mind?

Someone mentioned to me that I may have to alter the inline fuse?

Any hints or tips greatly appreciated

·
Registered
459 Posts
Funnly enough I'm just about to do the exact same thing on my new 2003 Bora.

I've already mounted the LCD screen on a blank button cover. (i'll post picks soon). I've got a PDF (parrot internal one by the looks of it) at home for installing it as the instructions that come with the kit are cack. Mind you the kit I bought is supposedly designed for professional installers to install, so I'll probably balls it up.

PM, with you e-mail address and I'll send you a link to the PDF.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great minds must think alike.

That's exactly where I've decided to mount my LCD. perfect for vision and arm reach. Where are you going to put the mic? I'm aiming for the top right of the windscreen but a few friends have mounted tgheirs just above the rear view mirror so that the passanger could talk too.

So thats the visual bit sorted anyone got any tips on the wiring?

will PM my email address.

Cheers..

ps.Pic's are very help full. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just fitted one of these into a Leon. I mounted the blue box up behind the glove box so the ISO wiring looms can pass straight to the back of the stereo, the display I put over one of the central dash buttons, and the mike I mounted at the top of the A pillar and ran the wire down behind the A pillar cover, along the bottom of the steering column and up to the blue box.

On the Golf theres not so much room behind the stereo so you might have trouble finding room for the mute box. The Leons dash is the same as an Audi A3 and easier to work with than the Golf.

If you lay it all out on the floor you might get an idea of where to mount each part, the wiring is easy, its figuring out where to put everything that takes the time!

Rick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh and the inline fuses should be the right way round to connect to the standard VW ISO connector.

You'll either need a multimeter to find out which is the switched ignition feed or just take your key out of the ignition when its all fitted and the Parrot should say goodbye on the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!! Must admit I was a bit daunted by the idea of fitting the kit but everyone i speak to seems to say its a doddle. Confidence is building

Thank people for all the help

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Pull off your gear gaitor and run all the cables and put the blue box
to the side of the gear stick

All you r ISO connectors sit below the stereo on top of A/C controller
or on top of heater controls. job
done.....

Pull glove box out NO WAY.......No need to do this

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just finished my install. I did what J40hnw suggested and placed the box underneath the transmission/gear tunnel cover. Must say the wiring was a piece of piss. Didn't even refer to the PDF manual, everything was plug and play !!!

I also noticed on the parrot website that they released a firmware upgrade on the 7th of Dec so that went on as well. So long as you've got bluetooth on your laptop everything is pretty easy.

Just incase the PDFs are needed see links below

http://www.adamo.me.uk/Parrot_install.pdf

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just finished my install. I did what J40hnw suggested and placed the box underneath the transmission/gear tunnel cover. Must say the wiring was a piece of piss. Didn't even refer to the PDF manual, everything was plug and play !!!

I also noticed on the parrot website that they released a firmware upgrade on the 7th of Dec so that went on as well. So long as you've got bluetooth on your laptop everything is pretty easy.

Has anyone got any pictures of where you put the main unit, I
am doing the same install to my golf and I cant for the life of me find out
where you guys are talking about lol.

<o:p></o:p>thanks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Has anyone got any pictures of where you put the main unit, I am doing the same install to my golf and I cant for the life of me find out where you guys are talking about lol.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>thanks
Pull off your gear gaitor and run all the cables and put the blue box to the side of the gear stick
All you r ISO connectors sit below the stereo on top of A/C controller or on top of heater controls. job done.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
As an off chance I did a search on here for the Parrot CK3100.

I'm going to order this week and it shouldn't be a major problem as I've fitted a few car kits and stereos in my time, but the advice here is very handy! [:D]

Thanks in advance

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Cheers for bringing this back up from me too!  Ive gone for the cheaper CK3000 kit which should be arriving soon.  Very helpful info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had my CK3100 fitted for a while now but can someone answer some questions about it please.

Sometimes when I turn the ignition on I get about 10 fast beeps in a row, anyone know why?
If you put in a number through 'dial number' and its engaged is there any way to redial it without putting it in again? It doesnt go into the call register.

These are my only two niggles with it though. I turned the womans voice off to start with but now its back on.

Thanks,
Rick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
j40hnw,

Thanks for your advice, the car kit was fitting in under an hour. It would have been quicker, but there were issues with the wiring for the CD player! [:O]

auroan,

Thanks for the pictures of the display, as I've installed the display in the same place.

Cheers guys, much appreciated! [:D]

·
Registered
972 Posts
Old thread I know, but can anyone repost the pics/pdf as I'm trying to fit the same kit to a 2002 MKIV with the 6 disc CD changer.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
673 Posts
I aint got any pics but when mine was fitted i asked for the microphone to be mounted next to the interior light rather than the drivers window on the A pillar, this way if i was driving with the window open the mic wouldnt pick up as much road/wind noise. All the wiring is still hidden really well.

I'll try and get some pics up a.s.a.p mate.

Just something to bear in mind.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Old thread I know, but can anyone repost the pics/pdf as I'm trying to fit the same kit to a 2002 MKIV with the 6 disc CD changer.

Cheers,
Nate
100% plug and play,no pictures needed,the chnager wiring isn't touched.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts