Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is far too gone to put back to standard, so, what can i reasonably expect for all the mods ive done which must total about ?8k ish?

Book price on mine is about ?5700...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Unfortunately i don't think you will get an awful lot more. The car looks wicked but if its not everybodies taste then its gonna seriously limit the amount of buyers it will appeal to.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP, come on guys and girls!?!?! How much would YOU pay for a cherished, no expense spared, gorgeous looking Golf?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think you'd be better off stripping as much as you can. I.E. lights etc and sell them to me in exchange for standard parts + cash. You'll not get any less if you're trading it in against another car and you'l be making some extra cash to mod your new car.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
942 Posts
Deffo take as many mods off as poss as dealers will still give you the same for it, and you might aswell make a bit extra for yourself off the parts, even if its only a feww hundred, better in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
But guys have you checked his web page. We're talking serious mods if you start taking some of it off it will devalue even more

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it can be put on, it can be taken off!

When I sold my old polo, i worked out what all the parts would get 2nd hand, and then added the value of the standard car; came to a load more than how much i would've got for the car modded. Modded the car would've been worth absolute MAX ?4000 (reall pushing it). I sold the parts for ?2100, and the car for ?3400 = ?5500!

Well worth stripping it IMO, lots of buyers on here for the parts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 21/02/2005 10:45:19

My car is far too gone to put back to standard, so, what can i reasonably expect for all the mods ive done which must total about ?8k ish?

Book price on mine is about ?5700...

What's the milage and year? There's an outside possibility I could be interested in importing the car to Ireland depending on the price after currency conversion, customs, VAT and VRT :)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I doubt you could transfer the engine mods easily BUT I have done this before with a modded 205

if you find some one that has cash and wants most of your mods then you could probably do a deal cash and parts and go 50/50 on the spanner work.

IE put your standard bumpers back on then do the following

cash p/ex for the interior say 500 to 1000 depending on what you get in p/ex IE recaro/sports

Same again for the wheels (r32 rims are going for 800 to 1000 atm)

R32 bodykit if genuine is worth 750 all day on ebay

Ali trim should return you 100 to 150

all in all you should be able to return the car standard looks and gain ?2000 if you where to do the same for some/most of the engine/suspension mods you could return ?4000 against your mods and hopefully still see ?5500 for the car making a total return of ?9500.

Oh and if your hacking it in at a dealer say nothing about the boot floor, its not like he will tell the next buyer anyway.he will just use it as a tool to beat you down with.

·
Registered
283 Posts
"Ditto" what everyone else has said mate..

If you sell all the bits you can you will make a lot more dosh, There must be loads of bits that can be swapped for originals plus cash..

I for one would be interested in a lot of the parts!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just read your spec list! Wow, some pukka mods there matey..

You would have no problem getting a few quid back..

Me likey - Front bumper, interior inc Ali bits, ARB's, Samco TIP and more!

I would have all these bits off you in exchange for mine plus cash..

·
Registered
836 Posts
Quote: posted by N11K DJ on 22/02/2005 20:00:25

Me likey - Front bumper, interior inc Ali bits, ARB's, Samco TIP and more!

I would have all these bits off you in exchange for mine plus cash..

Mate please don't change to an R front bumper, your setup looks so much better!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Problem is, i dont have some of the parts to put back on...

1) I dont have the bumpers anymore (besides, remember the twin exhaust?)

2) I do have the stock intercooler but we had to use some of the piping so would need that

3) Havent got the old interior so would have to source a sport or Recaro interior

4) Not sure whether i still have all the old trim bits

5) Dont have the stock suspension

6) Dont have the stock brakes, although could transfer the Audi S3 brakes over

7) Dont have the original wheels but have my old 18's but wanted those for the Audi

8) Think i do have some of the engine parts like DV, TIP and MAF to TIP pipe

9) DO have the OEM air box

10) DONT have the original lights

All in all, all the work above is a helluva lot of hassle and spanner time/money so you can see my thinking, but i know what you mean, it might work out better financially, i just dont have the time to do all that...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts