Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a picture of whats displayed on the highline mfd when the ignition is on but engine not started?

·
Registered
440 Posts
The display is just the same with ignition on as it is with engine started, it briefly says "Please fasten seatbelt" before reverting to the last mode you were in.

What were you looking for ?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yes, I have told people on the VAG-COM section of the site.  It is very easy, assuming you have VAG-COM.  Or, you can just unplug the sensors.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
May be i asked the wrong question.

How do you tell for sure that you have the highline mfd?
Easy - if the display panel between the tacho and the speedo is split in to two sections by a plastic band (upper and lower sections) its the midline comp - if its all one panel its the highline comp.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Excuse my ignorace. But whats the difference. Can one do something the other cant?
Yes - The highline computer has a larger display that gives pictographic info on doors open etc and also lets you alter parameters such as length of time the 'coming home' lights stay on. Most people agree its well worth having for the ?45.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Where can I find out the parameters I can change and how or does it need the VAG tool to do it?
Its the computer that does it, not VAG-COM - that being the whole point (you have control)!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
So how do I do it ? I asked to change my midline to a Highline and was told "no" by the stealer - but I have a picture with doors open, please fastern seatbelt etc so I guess I do have the highline ( wasn't charged for it )

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
So how do I do it ? I asked to change my midline to a Highline and was told "no" by the stealer - but I have a picture with doors open, please fastern seatbelt etc so I guess I do have the highline ( wasn't charged for it )
Is it one large screen of does it have an upper section within the outer frame?

·
Registered
178 Posts
According to my copy of the options list, if you went for factory fitted sat nav then that includes Highline computer, cd changer and armrest.  Kinda softens the blow of paying ?1500 for it!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
a-ha ! That'll explain it then. Well the ?1665 when I bought sat-nav is a bargain then ! ( although I still prefer TomTom for ease of use )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts