Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me again (the tool)

Basically im brand new to driving and all my mates have been passed for a while now, they've kitted out there cars etc, and to start with i would like to buy some HID's( Blue beam, 8000w?).

Just need a little help and guidance, Firstly the car ive got is a Mk4 golf, T-reg.

Just wondering if anyone could be so kind as to give me a link to an ebay shop etc?

my mates got theres for around £60 - 100, there probs not the real deal, but look fine so thats my kinda price range.

Also if theres any facts or figures i need to know about them, please let me know :)

Many thanks, tom

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know someone that sells them. al link u too his ebay shop tomro. about 60quid. good stuff though. Me and my mates all run them

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Buy form HIDS4U with a promo code of 'toyotapro' for around 10-15% discount..

2 years warranty..

1 and a bit years in and ive just had my whole kit replaced under warrantly even though one side was not working..

and theyve agreed to replace them with 5000k (white light) from (6000k) which was slightly blue..

Dont go 8000k less light output and more dazzling..

ALSO hids4u sell reflector HID's which dazzle other drivers less if your not running projectors..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a question Chubbytom,why exactly do you want HIDs?

Chris.
Im not gonna lie, People might hate on me, but I just think they look nice and in the grand scheme of things a relitiverly cheap mod to get to start with, also to help my view when driving in the dark (few country roads where i live)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Golfin' Cant find any Mk4 HID's for T-reg golfs. (aka the older birds <99-00>)

So still gonna be waiting on VX racing for the ebay link.

Tom x

·
Registered
3,437 Posts

Chris.
Im not gonna lie, People might hate on me, but I just think they look nice and in the grand scheme of things a relitiverly cheap mod to get to start with, also to help my view when driving in the dark (few country roads where i live)
A fact you may want to know is that they are illegal....

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
hids4u ftw... i have the anti glare HIDs as i dont have the projectors. old bill pulled me in the snow for doing dohnuts in the snow and never said a thing about the lights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its the same haedlight mate..

h7...

Ah as i said buddy, i'm totally useless when it comes to this sort of thing.

Brand new at it, So i was searching for VW-Golf- came up with 04-06.

So would you be able to post me a direct link to the HID i'd need for my Mk4 ?

Sorry about all the fuss guys, just dont want to buy the wrong unit etc

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts

Chris.
A fact you may want to know is that they are illegal....
Also by this time next year you'll fail the MOT if they're fitted to your car[:D].

Chris.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought and fitted a £35 HID kit from ebay from hong kong and was the mutts nutts until about 2months after and the ballast blew, so steer clear from them.

With regards to the Illegality, MOT test - I had these fitted to my car for 2months and follow numerous police cars, vans, trucks and drove past many and never ever got pulled once. Various MOT testers may not even know about xenon headlights, and the only reason they are illegal is because they need to have headlight washers with them to keep the headlights clean, its not illegal to have them fitted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts