Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I want to fit a HID kit to my car, i currently have the standard halogen headlights on my 03 GT TDI 150 with uprated bulbs but love the look of HID. Can anyone recommend any good HID kits that fit easliy to a MK4 Golf, and supply some links.

I have had a dig around and cant seem to find a set kit on here that everyone uses, and obviously i want to keep it all as simple as possible and be able to remove should i need to.

And last but not least, with installing a HID kit into a Halogen headlamp will the beams be still lined up correctly or will i need to purchase Projector style headlamps?

Thanks for looking,

·
Registered
535 Posts
Or

You could try this group buy

I bought a pair a few week back and they are great

You can still use the standard head lamps and it should take 30 mins tops to fit

Posted Image

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah wikkid, thanks for the link of the GB, i would have missed that otherwise! Looks like a good kit so im gonna jump in on it and order one up, and at ?89 thats a bargain for HID, and alot cheaper than OEM xenons which you loose out on fog lights with.

THanks again, will post pics when i get them and install them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the link Dale,

Can you give me any fitting tips when i come to fitting mine. Also were they all level still or did you have to fiddle around with them?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Cheers for the link Dale,

Can you give me any fitting tips when i come to fitting mine. Also were they all level still or did you have to fiddle around with them?

Thanks again.
Disconnect the battery first just in case,

You will get a relay in the pack when you get it, dont use this just use the ballasts which are supplied and the bulbs.

Firstly you get the bulbs out of the headlight housing and fit new bulbs.

You then connect the bulbs up to the ballast via cables ( you will see where they go when you get the kit)[Y]

One thing you have to do is drill a circular hole ( 20mm wide) through the back of the plastic on the headlight to get the cables through. If you find you drilled a little too big then just cover with a bit of duck tape ( thats what I did ). [:p]

That is it really.

Fitting is real easy on the kit I bought, I couldn't be happier with them. Worth every penny.

Dale

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol....what happend there?

Cheers for the advise bud, much apreciated.... i'll let you know how i get on.

B.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think I got a little impatient [:$]

It should take you about 30 mins to 1 hour max with getting the headlights and bumpers off and on again.

Try and mount the ballast for the drivers side under the headlight and the other on a beam you will see once bumper is off.

Dale

1 - 18 of 18 Posts