Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
First of all why do you want to fit a dump valve to a TDi? Is it for the sound or for performance? If its performance then don't bother because it will have an adverse effect on your performance. If its for sound you can achieve a reasonable effect with an electronic dump valve but this will cost you up to ?300. Its not something that's really worthwile imo but depends on whether you have money to burn or not. Do a search and you'll find some information in this forum.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think... its a burn of $$$

but here in Portugal.. they sell "bonalume" DV.. for TDI

I think its Italian.

when.. I still have my VNT17 ... and I toke off the last muffler of my PD150.

it sounds like I had a DV.

in interior of Parking lots... it was "scary"...

pffffiuuuuuuuuuu :) ehehehehehehehhe

now with VNT20.. no more pfffffiuuuuuuuuuuuuu... at last no more cops looking strange to my ride.

cheers,

fLAVIO

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 19/04/2005 09:46:39

Nowt!

Exactly!

So what's the point?

Just because it makes a "cool" sound is a pretty dumb reason to spend money on something that does nothing for the cars performance, bit like cat back exhausts really......

Contoversial moi?[:p]

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is no debate, its about whether you want the noise or not.... ppl's opinions are bound to differ. It cant be a waste of money for those wanting the noise. You get practically nothing from a cat back or exposed Filter etc, but ppl will gladly pay ?200 + for them.

TBH i think that if the noise is fairly subtle ill defo be buying one, as its one way to reduce the 'dervness' of the car lol.

Each to their own [:D]

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Ex Volvo man - your car doesn't need a dump valve or a diverter valve. The vanes on the variable geometry turbo limits boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts