Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
sounds like its choking to me. Mine reved up and down on idle when the Engine coolant temperature sensor went bye bye.

Get a garage to scan it and see what faults it throws up. They shouldnt charge anymore than a 10er for a quick scan.... if they charge u at all!

Its either going to be a temperature sensor or a maf fault most likely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks dor your help im a apprentice mechanic but we only do fast fit but we have a few connections with bigger garages al get it on diagnostics for free most likely but theres no engine light up al try see what comes up.its just so annoying when your on the a1 and there no power what so ever till you hit 2000rpm it should pull and then pull even more at 2000rpm but it isnt thanks for your help i shall let u know the out come

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a live in alnwick thanks for the offer mate a had it scaned at my workplace but not a very good scanner so took it to a local garage who we send work to and they send us wrk soi they done it free but it isnt finding any codes but i got told when i got it that its been chipped and iv been told it mite not be able to store codes if the ecu been tampered with.i fitted a new temp sensor today fixed the revving up and down when cold and gadge works now but still got a loss of power and the odd judder now and again am goin to try air flow meter but will have to wait till next month as no money thanks for your help.al let you know how it goes when i fit maf any info anyone may have let me know. also hard to get parts for it as engine code unknow on my reg doc plus when the motor spares puts the reg in there computer it says not known?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers . i am not happy tonight as found out the golf i just bourght has been a cat c right off and was repaired so contacted the lad i got it off told me it had a new wing whitch is a different colour so believed him to have someone come into my work today and seen it saying hes good mates with previous owner its had new engine and lots of other stuff but its got a 130 bottom end and 150 top end not very happy would this cause the problems or what problems could i get with this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have took egr off cleaned it it was caked up with oil sutt n gunk still laggy no power till 1900-2000rpm its a 1ltr could smoke me its that bad till turbo kicks in so must be maf as put a new coolant temp sensor on too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts