Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, names Sham, short for Shamim, & I live in Leeds. I drive a golf 1.4S. WOW I hear you say! Wish I had a 1.8T or TDI like most of you guys but I just cant afford the insurance[:(] as its more or less my 1st car, more or less because i wrote my beloved golf mk3 off just 3 months after passing [:'(]. But Ive learnt my lesson & Im very lucky to survive as I turned over a few times.

Image003.jpg

But this is my new project Ive had the car for 5 months, bought it box standard, heres a pic:

99_1_b.jpg

Ugly I know, didnt want a red car either! But it was a bargain so you cant go wrong! Well 5 months on it looks like this:

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Ive done as much as I could afford & I hope you guys like what Ive done so far. Firstly the A8 alloys, look really well on mk4s, love them, but due to the popularity of these wheels, to be slightly unique Ive bought some porsche boxster alloys, I'll put pics up when I put them on, hope they suit the car. Ive also lowered the car on eibach sportline springs, doesnt seem low at all, what do you think guys? Ive bought a set of fk highsport coilovers, so hopefully they'll be a lot better & make the car lower when i fit them. Ive also ripped out the interior & picked up a GTI red/black recaro interior off ebay, makes a massive change compared to the grey interior. Fitted a rear 4 motion lip & it neatly houses a milltek cat back exhaust. Finally a set of fogs, hella RCR rear lights, kamei grille & a "love it or hate it" R line bonnet bra. Thats my pride & joy summed up, & I know its a baby golf but Im not gonna be able to fet a bigger golf in a long time, so Ive put quite a bit of money & a lot of love into it. In the near future I'll start on the body, colour coding the door handles & strips, smooth the back bumper & plastic weld the rear lip so it looks like a one piece bumper. I may do a bit of smoothing on the boot. As for the front end, an R32 bumper is what Id really want, but finding a good, non fibreglass one is hard with a small budget. But have you guys noticed that german company on ebay selling ABS plastic ones? If so, do they fit well & is it worth buying??? So guys, what do you think about my plans? I know its each to their own tastes but is there anything you would or wouldnt do? Another thing I really need your opinion on is about the front end. If & when I do fit an R32 bumper, Im unsure about the grille. Would you guys leave the kamei grille, or put a debadged one on & weld up the infill on the bonnet?? Sorry about the novel of an introduction, but I could really do with your advice! Cheers guys! [:D] [Y]

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Wellcome to the forum matey[:D]

Cars looking great! Looks like you was lucky to get out your mk3 alive!! Theres a couple of folks putting r32 bumpers on here at the mo,just check out members rides.Keep up the good work and post some more pics up soon!

GOOF

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sham!

You have certainly made alot of progress in the last 5 months! Well done mate! Keep up the good work! [Y]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Welcome. Not a fan of the grille, or A8 wheels but the rest of the car is looking really good. The R32 bumper would work a treat, you'd want to probably colour code the rest of the rub strips or remove and smooth them if you fit it, help it all blend together.

The Porsche alloys will look really good, post some piccies when they are on.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers mate! Yeah I was damn lucky & guess what? Not even a scratch, think god was watching over me! Sure mate, now Ive joined up I'll keep every1 posted. Cheers again [Y]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum Sham!

You have certainly made alot of progress in the last 5 months! Well done mate! Keep up the good work! [Y]
Thanks mate, Ive got an addiction, Ive been spending every penny I get on it [:D].

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good progress on the mk4, bra suits it well too [Y]

and welcome to the forum [:)]
Thanks mate, yeah the bra's a marmite thing, either you love it or hate it, think it'll look well if I fit an R32 bumper on. Cheers [Y]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome. Not a fan of the grille, or A8 wheels but the rest of the car is looking really good. The R32 bumper would work a treat, you'd want to probably colour code the rest of the rub strips or remove and smooth them if you fit it, help it all blend together.

The Porsche alloys will look really good, post some piccies when they are on.
Do you think I should put a debadged grille on then? As for the A8 wheels, I think do to the popularity & the fact that nearly every half modded boy racer mk4 has got them puts a lot of people off. I will be colour coding the door strips & handles & most probably smooth the rear bumper strips. As for the porsche wheels, I still need to buy adaptors & the tyres are barely road legal, but I will definately put some pictures up when I fit them. Cheers mate for your opinions [Y]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey mate welcome to the forum. Looks really good what you've done so far, keep up the good work. Oh and don't keep beating yourself down because you've "only got a 1.4." Big deal its still a golf and it looks cracking what you've done with it.[:)] Will look top notch when you fit the r32 bumper onto it. Keep us posted on how it goes[Y]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey mate welcome to the forum. Looks really good what you've done so far, keep up the good work. Oh and don't keep beating yourself down because you've "only got a 1.4." Big deal its still a golf and it looks cracking what you've done with it.[:)] Will look top notch when you fit the r32 bumper onto it. Keep us posted on how it goes[Y]
Cheers mate, am pretty gutted about it being a 1.4, cos it looks fast, but doesnt go fast!! But I'll keep everyone posted. Cheers for the welcome mate [Y]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
alright mate welcome to the forum, i have a 1.4 and its great i think its nippy and good for my age, i have alot of planns like u but i have no capital at the moment lol but if u want a good good r32 bumper go to bodycarstyleing on ebay and ask skierandy on this forum , he got that body kit for his car from there and he says its not a perfeect fit but its good and is like 3rd the price of the real on........your car is nice for a 1.4 dont be imbarrased that its a 1.4 be proud even tho we are the underdog we have just as must passion lol ,,,,, keep up the good work mate

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright mate welcome to the forum, i have a 1.4 and its great i think its nippy and good for my age, i have alot of planns like u but i have no capital at the moment lol but if u want a good good r32 bumper go to bodycarstyleing on ebay and ask skierandy on this forum , he got that body kit for his car from there and he says its not a perfeect fit but its good and is like 3rd the price of the real on........your car is nice for a 1.4 dont be imbarrased that its a 1.4 be proud even tho we are the underdog we have just as must passion lol ,,,,, keep up the good work mate
Cheers mate for the welcome, yeah its pretty nippy, but dont you just wish you had a 1.8T or TDI like most of the guys on here lol. Yeah Ive got quite a few plans, but that company your talkin about does fibreglass replicas dont they? Not really keen on fibreglass, its gotta be abs plastic. Keep me posted about your 1.4 aswell, only thing we can do is look better than others, but not go faster lol. Nah aint embarrased that its a 1.4, I'll have this for a while then who knows, maybe a conversion, so you 1.8T & TDI boys watch out! Cheers mate [Y]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Cheers mate for the welcome, yeah its pretty nippy, but dont you just wish you had a 1.8T or TDI like most of the guys on here lol. Yeah Ive got quite a few plans, but that company your talkin about does fibreglass replicas dont they? Not really keen on fibreglass, its gotta be abs plastic. Keep me posted about your 1.4 aswell, only thing we can do is look better than others, but not go faster lol. Nah aint embarrased that its a 1.4, I'll have this for a while then who knows, maybe a conversion, so you 1.8T & TDI boys watch out! Cheers mate [Y]
i dont know if its fiberglass but there a abs one on ebay around £110 just for the front and look good i might be getting that on soon which will be awsome...hopefully see u ate one of the meet keeping up the 1.4 side lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts