Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi well i have had my ride for 1 year now, and i have just started doin stuff to it, just wanted every1s input on it, ill go from what it used to look like to what it currently is.

This is when it was all hurt and battered, i know i have not treated it well [:(]

This is the images of the work being done.....

And this is the car prettmuch done, still need to add things like side skirts and rear valance, but its all about the $$$

a load of engine work is comin this way some time in the new year aswell some new alloys but please tell me what u think guys, and any pointers which you might have! CHEERS!!![H]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey R44M,

I think the car looks awesome now! I love the front end!

Great work!

Also, look in your Private Message Inbox as I just sent you a message.

Regards.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Very nice front end dude, really works with the angel eyes!

Gotta get your self a nice set of rims to hug the arches, and id say get a anni rear valance to even out the front and back and pos some anni skirts? Rear valance depends on what exhaust your going for if you are upgrading it!

Apart from that it looks pretty sweet mate big diff to the first couple of pic's. [Y]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Very nice mate... I am not really a fan of after market kits etc... i prefer the OEM styles to be honest, but you have made that front look very nice indeed! It's not chavy and its not saxo or corsa style, so i like it and i am sure lots more people will too! Keep up the good work!

Have you got any more plans? what rims you got in mind?

Aiden

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i was actually thinkin the same as you, i didnt really want anythink with mesh in the back was thinkin of the rear and side anni kit, [H] cheers for the feedback

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea got loads in mind,

Had a look at the SSW alloys in a 18" with 35's on it shoulod fit quite well, but im still not sure on the alloys, im actually lookin for something quite wide and with a huge dish at the back, if ne1 has any idead do not be affraid lol[;)] no more than 1200 please i have some cash but not that much.

As for other mods, in the new year lookin to get the k03's turbo manifold intercooler manifold back exhaust system re-map, and the crazy guy at the garage im dealing with wants me to nos it up, pushing up a total of about 345bhp he recons!! what you guys think about that??

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
If you get the rear valance and the side skirts for the Anni on your motor, then that will be a good job well done in my opinion!

Keep it up, you have nice looking golf there!

[Y]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Looking real sweet, smooth as my shiny head,a real head turner. Are you rippin that rear wiper off or keeping it? A nice set of wheels will really finish the car off a treat, dark blue will suit anything shiny.

Tech question now about the boot and doors if thats ok. De handled my boot and rear doors without poppers just solenoids and the doors take some popping due to their weight, have you used poppers as well? Pm me if you don't mind i'm interested but don't want to corrupt your thread with my needs for attention!!

Gadge.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Looks good... but you will have problems with the plod and your next mot as it looks like you have deleted the rear number plate light?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for the welcom....

Yes i will ave a problem with the plod and the mot, but its a good thing cuz im goin to court with the guy that done the work on my car he is an A**HOLE [:mad:]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yea and also dont really have 2G to spend on rimz even tho they will look the dogs doodaas on the ride. [:(] about 1200 max nemore ideas out there in the world of golf modding

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not sure what I think. It has potential to be something special but I don't like the light coloured mesh in the front vents and the rear looks badly finished. The plate doesn't look right without a recess, unless you have only temporarily fixed it so that you can take it off for shows. But overall the rear still looks like a tired old Golf, I think it's the finish, the lights, or something?

Why are you taking the guy to court who did the work?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is mainly the reason y i am takin him to court, hopefully you guys can give me more ammo to use againt him...

1) he said 2 weeks ( i said take ur time meaning 2 weeks and 4 days) he took 4 weeks!

2)Gave me a car to drive about he didnt have insurance on the car i got pulled slapped with 6 points and 200 buk fine

3)The work he has done on my car is digusting ( u cant see it from the picz toomuch but there is paint ripple orange peel effect and CAN U BELIVE THIS!!!! A HAIR IN THE PAINT!!!!

4)also i wanted to keep my bloody recess for my plate! and he didnt... so he blocked it up i was well pi**ed

also i know what you sayin about the back it does look normal, gettin the anni back valance with the twin tail pipe cut out for exhaust. and hopefully my recessback (when i get my money back with the help of good old trading standards) gunna get the red white m3 style rear lights.

As for the front end the mesh its not tooo bad matches with the angel eyes, but they will be comin out when i get the intercooler wacked on the front

hopefully i have answered everything [H] any other comments are more then welcome both good and bad [:p]

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
If it were mine I'd change the silver mesh in the bumper to a black mesh.

I reckon it would then look so mean it'd beat you up for simply looking at it and scare small children, not that it isn't mean looking at the moment, it'd just be meaner.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was thinkin about havin a small jap style plate on the front somewhere, but i dont know where [:'(][:'(] ne ideas ne1?[:S]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Black would look good in the grille, but from personal taste I wouldn't go down the mini number plate look, and aren't they illegal?

Sorry to hear of your trouble with the garage. I would certainly take him to task about the standard of the work, and time it took. You say your not happy with the standard of the paint, I think that's what makes it look 'dull' at the rear.

The bit about the car not being insured is really bad, but unfortunatley I think the law states that as the driver you are responsible for ensuring that you have adequate insurance everytime you drive something, so that probably wouldn't stand up in court.

But I take it you have fully comp insurance yourself on the Golf, then surely your insurers cover you to drive other vehicles at third party cover level? So you shouldn't have been fined in the first place, I'd check with your insurers if I was you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts