Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - thought I'd better say hello before I start asking stupid questions!!

Just bought a Tornado red 1.8t Anniversary which I'm very pleased with. It has a few minor issues so far like the passenger window being slow, the common alarm going off/boot open dash warning, bit of play in the gearstick (IMO) and the alloys being rather poorly sprayed in a battleship grey. First off though is cambelt/waterpump, service and tyres. It has a stainless exhaust and maybe a remap but not sure.

Its my first MK4, but not my first vw - the last being a MK5 GTI DSG sold due to a restructuring of the car situation! I've also had 4 MK1s incl a Sportline cab, MK2 16V, lots of Polos incl G40, Corrado, Passats, T25, etc. so no stranger to the scene. The daily is a recently bought Touran 2.0 TDI Sport thanks to the miracle of childbirth.........

·
Registered
414 Posts
'Welcome man. Everyone loves a red mk4 so get some pics up. Nice to see another member from this end of the country
'

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome from another Devon dweller

·
Registered
821 Posts
[quote user="GTiJON"]

Ben why have i never seen you're bora?

And yes of course we can swap turbo's

[/quote]

Funny, all I've ever wanted was a power reduction....!

Whereabouts in Plymouth are you? I live in St Judes

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've been on the forum for over 7 years, and for about 7 years I've been meaning to start a build thread! Maybe one day I'll get round to it....

There don't seem to be many modded VWs round these parts. I'm originally from Nottingham, and you can't move for them up there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yea not much round here really, sucks tbh. No VAG meets i know of really.

Ryan has a nice mk4 but never seen it.

Don't really know anyone into water cooled vw's. My mate's got a bay camper so i usually go shows with him. Hope i can atleast make 2 this year.

·
Registered
821 Posts
There was a guy on here, jonnyc13, who arranged a monthly meet Exeter/Exmouth way, but it was on a Sunday, which is the only day me and the wife had together, so I never went. As for Plymouth, I think there are only a few members in this part of Devon

·
Registered
414 Posts
'Yea jonny clatworthy. Im on devon dubbers with fb and they rarely meet now and plus exeter os a long trek just to say hi lol'

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, Jonny seems to have disappeared from this forum. I met him at the Brean beach meet in 2011; there wasn't one last year. Do you get up to much with Devon Dubbers? I'm not on fb, so miss out there!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Btw, sorry to the OP for hijacking your thread

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes, sorry to the OP

No mate was planning on heading up just before xmas, then there was drama on the fb page so i thought i couldn't be bothered tbh. Too old for kid games

Just stick around on there cos people advertise stuff for sale etc.

Don't blame you for staying away from fb. I come and go. Only use it for devon dubbers and devon vw classifieds really.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[quote user="Fat Ben"]

I've been on the forum for over 7 years, and for about 7 years I've been meaning to start a build thread! Maybe one day I'll get round to it....

There don't seem to be many modded VWs round these parts. I'm originally from Nottingham, and you can't move for them up there.

[/quote]

Spoke too soon. Just driven from Plympton back home, and saw one Bora, one R32 and one Passat, all modded! Maybe there is hope for the SW yet.......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.