Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idiots shopping list for a stage 2 and 3 golf gti turbo...... Main goal is to be between 270-300bhp

FMIC

Large Bore milltek or the like

Big Brakes

thanks in advance - 7th 12hr night shift in a row and cant function to write my shopping list

jock

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Well what else do you have already would be nice to know then people could tell you what you need or have missing from your list maybe buddy?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ko3 turbo

apr FMIC

312 brakes

coilovers

airfilter relocated to behind front bumper

Revo stage 1 map

all hard pipes and forge silicone

forge re-circ dv

forge actuator

then comes the question do i upgrade the turbo...... but dont want a ko3s or ko4 dunno why just think if i'm changing turbos i may as well go big instead of 6months down the line changing it again

cheers jock

·
German Engineering at its Best
682 Posts
basically

gt28rs turbo with all necessary bits

70mm maf housing

big FMIC and hard pipe kit

uprated clutch

550cc genesis injectors

uprated rods

acl race bearings

lighten and balance bottom end

i just did a similar build in a passat. currently running it in its a nice but not cheap set up

JJ

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much did all that cost? I've done the clutch and single flywheel and the intercooler and hard pipe already

·
682 Posts
machning work, labour, software, gaskets, shells, piston rings, head bolts and the odd wear and tear part on the engine came just short of £2800.

on top of that comes the eliminator turbo kit with high flow manifold, injectors and h-pattern rods which were directly sourced in the us by the customer so i cant comment on that but would assume around $2300.

this is assuming your block is still in the tolerances to be honed and does not need to be rebored with oversized pistons.

forgot to mention high flow de-cat or race cat exhaust system is needed as well.

JJ

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Could always go hybrid K03? Alot of people on SCN running over 270 with that and its what ill be doing.

Peter

·
682 Posts
Could always go hybrid K03? Alot of people on SCN running over 270 with that and its what ill be doing.

Peter
depend what you intend to use the car for and how long you want them to last. im sure same figures are achievable for less but how long will they last?

JJ

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
They still only run at 20 psi for those levels so i reckon they should last aslong as stock if treated with decent oil and warm up/cool down periods are decent.

As you know its all about the mapping. Id tune it down a bit so its never running full potential so should last a little longer.

Ill be using the car everyday. Some horror stories with these but they dont cost the world and arent rare or anything so theres bound to be some.

Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts