Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ride setup on my car is abit wierd,

when i purchased the car the ride height at the front was spot on low but not to low that bumps became a problem, however rear has always been high put springs on and different ones to no effect. have found some rear coilvers for 35 quid and insead of having to buy a full setup i thought about just doing this,

my qurstion is will this effect the car in any bad ways like handerling, setup etc

cheers

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
The back will always be a bit higher than the front, even with a full lowering kit (shocks and springs). So I have just ordered some rear coilovers to bring the back down that little bit to match the front, as I currently have Eibach 50mm shocks and springs.

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
I will tell you in a couple of weeks mate. Do you have uprated shocks on the front aswell as springs, or just uprated springs? Only reason I ask is that standard shocks wear out quickly with uprated springs in them, so it may be worth getting some uprated shocks if your going to put coils on the rear.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Doing this is surelly going to change the handling, and i doubt it will be for the better.

Fitting different suspension front to rear means your springs will be different strength, your compression and rebound damping will be set at a different rate ... you could end up bounching about all over the place.

The only way to do it safelly would be to get rear coilovers that are matched to whatever your running on the front. Or ideally get a shorter spring on the rear thats still matched to the front springs.

I have the same jacked up rear problem, i had it on standard gti suspension now i have it on my koni pro str t 35-40mm drop dampers and springs. I say deal with it or get collies all round.

Jay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts