Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right well i finally got round to dropping my car on some jamex coilovers

i fitted them with new drop links, i am sure i tightend them up as there is a nut in the middle of it.

i was driving with a car full and its constantly catching on the driveshaft (clearly visable) whats next ?

has this only done it because of the weight in the car that has settled the springs,

i havent had time to take the wheels of i have only been able to look will have to work on it tommorrow.

im just after a idea on this (sorry if its a bad expanation)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry hard to explain something is sitting on the drive shaft which am presuming is the drop links, its ridiclolous scraping noise it sounds asif something is hanging off scraping on the floor

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right cheers for the advice spent couple of hours doing it sunday had to raise it up about 8mm its not catchin now gunna do a few miles n wait to see if it drops any more with the springs starting to settle picsure in my build thread soon :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you fit longer/adjustable drop links or new standard items?
yeyh i tried adjusting them right out and back in it seems to catch more adjusted right out, it baffled me but now its sorted, got some pics coming up on my build thread soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts