Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the S3 lower brace, bolts, cap nuts and washers for ?16 [:D]

The question is: The washers do not fit on the bolts so where do they go? Got VW to order another set as we were both confused and even double checked the part numbers which are correct............help!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ah, I remember this! Bin the washers, the part number for them is wrong, any 10mm plain washers will do the job perfectly.

When you put the brace on the car, loosely assemble the whole brace , cap nuts etc in the correct position, hold in place and tighten the bolts and whole assembly in situ. It may be worth getting someone to hold the brace whilst you do this.

Hope that this helps

Dave

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Price? Cheap as chips for around ?20!!

Benefits? Sharper steering!!

Combined with the Top A3 Strut Brace and your onto a handling winner!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 26/11/2004 13:42:06

Combined with the Top A3 Strut Brace and your onto a handling winner!!

this is my plan for my mkiv (upper and lower S3 struts)

[hijack] Can i order Audi parts from my local stealers? its just the Audi stealers is miles away [/hijack over]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yes stealers have access to both vag and audi parts.. My stealers also has the parts list for Seat too... there's so much similar I don't knw why it isn't all on one system!![:D]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 26/11/2004 21:30:17

Yes stealers have access to both vag and audi parts.. My stealers also has the parts list for Seat too... there's so much similar I don't knw why it isn't all on one system!![:D]

Erm, it is.[:)]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid ?16.86 for all parts for the lower brace.

I put it on at teh weekend and it worked great and even eliminated some of the creaking noises.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
?16.86 gets you the lower S3 brace, cap nuts and bolts.................took about 30 min to install and that included jacking up the car, sump pan off, installation of brace and then sump pan back on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote: posted by jblack on 26/11/2004 22:44:07

Quote: posted by evilhomer on 26/11/2004 21:30:17

Erm, it is.[:)]

Are you sure? VW & Audi are on one CD but Skoda & Seat both have separate discs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For that price the improvement with turning into corners is worth it. I want to get the upper one too now to finish the set off.

Not sure if it would aid a lot with cars that are not lowered though!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts