Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?hi all im new here so firstly if this has been asked before i apoligise

i have a 56 reg golf 1.4 gt 170. the engine management light came on a week ago so took it down to my local dealer. all they done was a software upgrade which i have quickly read up about on here... but this didnt solve the problem as it came on again but this time lost all power( felt like it was going to stall).. so back it went again to vw they have now had it 6 days and still cant tell me whats wrong?????

so far they have had it on two different diganostic machines and done test drives but all they can tell me is there is a very slight misfire. they have also said that it could be the cylinders but rang me today after a weekend road test wired up to a laptop ?that they think it is the camshaft but cant really say till they strip the engine down and look.. they are trying to charge me ridiculous amount of money to do this and it might not even be the problem.....

any help would be truly grateful

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
IF you are near yorkshire i can scan it on vagcom for you
dont take this is in the wrong way, its good to see people offering to help but will your vagcom show anything VW's wouldnt? i am sure if they have had it for 6 days that they may have scanned it at least once.

if its any help, my friends 140 had similar problems to what you are describing and it turned out to be a cylinder problem. ill be seeing him tomorrow so ill see what he says and try and get you a bit more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is vagcom? I'm not in the Yorkshire area thanks for the offer though. I took it away from vw today and the problem is worse. Going to put it in another garage tomorrow see if they come back with anything..

Joel4motion if you could find out please would be much preciated. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts