Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the rear passenger door will not open from inside or outside. when pulling the door handle from the inside the pin pops up but goes straight back down when released.

does anybody know how to get the door working again, or to get the door card off as i cant get to the screws at the bottom of the door.

thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is it only the passenger side doing that? The right side opens from inside fine? If Both have that problem maybe its that child protection thing so that children in the back seats cannot open the doors and go flying out. If you have child protection set, the doors can still be opened from the outside though.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds to me like your door is deadlocked and your door module is playing up. Don't really know how to get it open though.
The car is a SE with electric windows throughout and i read somwhere that with electric windows the modules are in the doors is this correct?

and i think that the childlock is on as it was also on at the other side, which would explain why it doesnt open from the inside, i have also tried pulling both door handles at the same time and that didnt work sooo pretty stuck for ideas and dont wanna rip the door car off

thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sounds to me like your door is deadlocked and your door module is playing up. Don't really know how to get it open though.
The car is a SE with electric windows throughout and i read somwhere that with electric windows the modules are in the doors is this correct?

and i think that the childlock is on as it was also on at the other side, which would explain why it doesnt open from the inside, i have also tried pulling both door handles at the same time and that didnt work sooo pretty stuck for ideas and dont wanna rip the door car off

thanks
You are correct in saying they are within the doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts