Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ive had a intermittent prob on my pd130 where it goes into limp mode when under load, normally in 6th on motorway. I can give it a blast around a roads and its fine only ever on m/way also obv when ign is off/on it resets the limp mode and all is fine. Now i know they suffer N75s which ive just done to no avail and also turbo vanes blocking or split vacuum pipes. Now had it read today and its bringing up code 17965 ' turbo/supercharger boost sensor (A) circuit , valve above control limit intermittent' now the master tech who done reading said its pointing to the valve/actuator on side of turbo being sticky or poss the vacuum pipe that comes off it split which ill check later, but and a big but you cannot buy actuator on its own only whole turbo so has anyone out there a spare one on a knackered turbo or have people come across this and how did they get over it,, many thanks

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
The actuator itself will be fine (probably). The problem is usually the mechanism inside the turbo which the actuator pulls and pushes. This is what sticks with carbon build up. Called the VNT system (Variable Nozzle Turbine). Turbo strip down, clean, and rebuild is the way forward.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ross tech say:

17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

Possible Symptoms

• Reduced power output
  • Limp mode

Possible Causes

• Boost Pressure too High
  • Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
  • Charger Pressure Control defective
    • VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
  • Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Possible Solutions

• Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
  • Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
  • Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
    • Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

I would follow this guide from the tdiclub for cleaning variable vanes/nozzles assuming you have checked n75 and vacume pipes are working. i think tomw's variation is best but have a read through the whole thread for moreinfo and diff variations.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts