Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can prob see i'm doing a Bolf conversion.

I'm also looking to do a Bad Boy bonnett?

What do you reckon, I have included a few pics

Comments appreciated

Dan

This would be standard.

Posted Image

These would be modified (my fav)

Posted Image

Bad Example I know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not many people (if any!) have posted their own bora with a bad boy/boser bonnet on here before. Go for it...my advice would be to make it as as subtle as you can..as little extra welded on to make the biggest impact.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Think the badboy bonnet will really finish the front end hope you can explain exact what ya want to the bodyshop! Gonna look the nuts when your done![:D]

·
Registered
103 Posts
The last two and the first one all look really good. Since you're car is silver too, the set-up like the first, with black grille and black lights would look superb IMO.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Dan...

If you were to install Bora Xenons [;)] then I would choose the standard bonnet, but with a debadged grill.

On a Silver Bolf the Silver Xenon surrounds will blend in and I think the Bora Xenons look spot on and I don't think they should be covered, even by a small amount.

If you are using standard Bora headlights, then a small bad boy lip would look very nice.

At the end of the day... it's what you prefer that counts.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Hey, glad to see you are doing this at the same time as me! My panels are in the bodyshop now getting blended. I'm picking them up Wed and hopefully putting them on the car next weekend, then taking them back sometime after.

I thought about further mods to the front "Whilst I'm doing the Bolf"
but I've decided to do nothing as
  1. The Bolf is a big enough mod on its own
  2. I really like the look of the Bora front end as standard - the bonnet, grille and headlights seem to go together just right (in my opinion)
  3. I've never been one to mess anyway!!
However, I think I will put a 4mo valance on the front and colour code it (as well as the rear) using Sonny's guide!

If I had to say one for you, I'd say the 4th one down (but without the huge bumper), because it looks so subtle, or the blue one below it. Don't go for too much of a change, as a Bolf is change enough!

But that's just me, do whatever you like - and let me see pictures when you're part of the Bolf club!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for your opinons guys.

The 1st modded one done it for me.

Posted Image

I'm gonna keep the grill the same black it is now on my previous post like the one above. [Y]

I may have the option to get the xenons but I was still gonna go for the bad boy, suttle though.

I really like this one,

Posted Image

and also this one.

Posted Image

I do like the Joey mod, but I think if I do it to the Xenons i'll ruin them.

I'll have a good think about it.

The car should be back in the bodyshop on tuesday so i'm hoping to get it finished by the South Mimms meet.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I like that one. [Y]

That is basically what my car will look like apart from mine is silver......... & not that low [:(]

Also he has the xenons but with the Joey mod, I'm really confused now.

I wan't the Bad Boy but I don't know now with the Xenons.

Decesions............

·
Registered
438 Posts
This is one that looks the best by far...

Posted Image
Is it just me or is that car being driven by a child. He can barely see over the wheel......

Dont like the valance but thats just my opinion. Nice stance with the wheels though!

Peter

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damm American's

Yep thats what i'm trying to base my car on.

I'll have the GLI valance on and poss xenons.

Cheers for your help.

Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, really stunning car. TT BAM engine and quattro system aswell. Alwya been one of the best overall cars on vortex.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts