Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving back from Derby today, pulled out to overtake, accelerated to pass the slower vehicle, then nothing. Sudden loss of power. Car now feels like a bog standard 1.4. I can hear a whining under acceleration which I presume is the supercharger, but then the turbo doesn't appear to kick in. Boost gauge on the dash will not move beyond half way. Turned engine off, then restarted. Oil light on so checked the level. Had oil. Restarted again, no warning light. Finished the drive home with plumes of white/grey smoke coming out the back at random intervals (both under acceleration and while idling).

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest possible faults before I take it to the stealer's on Monday morning. I'm thinking turbo ist kaputt?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im not sure the best thing would be to scan it with vagcom. if your in the yorkshire area i can do it for you.

Im thinking the turbo too as your car went into limp mode

good luck

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly not in Yorkshire area, but cheers for the offer xboxman. Still under warranty 'til next month, so VW should pay!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've just put an engine in one of these as it had two cracked pistons and a new turbo too as the oil seals had failed.. Is it running rough or just down on power?

Matt

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankfully mine is not as bad as that booooost!

Just got off the phone with the stealers. A problem with the N75 valve apparently. New one ordered, and all under warranty!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed... had work done under warranty 3 times in the last year now. Pity it runs out in March!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So had new N75 valve fitted this morning, and no improvement. Now getting a new turbo... fingers crossed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts