Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive took my rear badge off as i want to fit a Passat rear badge because its sits in the ridge of the boot perfect, the problem is i got a Passat rear badge but its much to small, after some investigating it seems that the size of the badge's on a passat changed around 2000/2001 is this correct? I think i have an old Passat badge and im sure the new passat badge is the same size as the bora. Can someone shed some light on this before i buy the wrong badge again as i cant drive round without a rear badge on for another day. [:(]

Here is Matty V5's car with the badge on im talking about

Posted Image

Matty hope u dont mind me using your car mate [;)]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Dont know about the passat badge Joe, but the Bora rear one wouldnt be much good to you as it has a cut-out section in it for the key hole, if you get no joy, give that Pete at VW macc a ring as he is pretty good on stuff like this!... [:D]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
your dealer should be able ot tell you what year car your badge was intended for if you have the part number. Then just ask for the badge for the later model.

I've heard that the blue/white vw badge from the beetle will also fit the recess, if you want something a bit different. Part number 1CO-601-149-D-GTT, although you would have to investigate this.

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Interesting, I have the answer, why not go to your local wonderful VW emporium armed with a tape measure & check a few out..

Sorry if I sound sarcastic but thats what I'd have done[:)]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mines the same as Matty V5's, it's off a late model, 2001 I thnk Sharan. I just gave the parts guy the age of a Sharan in the car park that had the right size badge.

Scott

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Has anyone tried a 9N Polo rear badge...looks slightly smaller than Golf one but still has some sort of curvature to it so it should sit flat in the Golf recess. Looks bigger than the Passat badge. Haven't tried it yet but it may be another alternative.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've taken the part no: 3B5 853 630 FDY off another thread on this subject to do the mod. Now I'm concerned that I may be chasing the wrong part.

Could anyone confirm whether this is the smaller one?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The 9N (2003) Polo I saw did not have that rubber backing/shaping piece like the Mk 4 Golf - it was stuck direct to the tailgate paint.The Mk 4 seems to have a rather flatter badge (the chrome bit I mean)and the rubber backing is used to take up the curvature of the hatch. The Polo chrome badge seems more curved to fit directly to the hatch. Just my observation. Thought it might fit in the Golf indentation. Just wondering if anyone had actually tried it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Matty, I've said this on another thread, but your car is stunning!

I think I'm going to get the Passat badge and colour code it- could any of you guys tell me how much it is please?

And would I be right in saying that VW do a spray paint kit for about ?11?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Stevoraith on 29/12/2004 16:50:08

Matty, I've said this on another thread, but your car is stunning!

I think I'm going to get the Passat badge and colour code it- could any of you guys tell me how much it is please?

And would I be right in saying that VW do a spray paint kit for about ?11?

People, I havn't read through the whole thread so I apologise if i am re-iterating someone elses comments.

Tha badge to use is the badge from a VW sharan MPV. It is absolutely spot on, even better than the passat badge. I spent I great deal of time down at stealers working it all out!!! [:D]

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
evilhomer - appreciate you taking the time to work it out - its the first ive heard the sharan one is better.

I currently have the passat one and although its now on and ok, it took a bit of filling out with sticky strips on the back due to the angle.

How is the sharan one better? is it same size as the passat one but flatter for a flush fit?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm intending to replace the standard badge on mine with the smaller passat one, anyone know how much they cost new?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Hi mark, just wanted to know what the part number is of the sharan mpv rear badge?, also is it flatter than the passat rear badge, i,d imagine that the sharan badge is the same size as the passat badge?.

cheers Zak

1 - 20 of 24 Posts