Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Help on a Head Unit

724 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mista-jam
I brought my beauty a few months ago and it had a Head Unit init but it just died, so i threw it out the window and in need of another one. Could anyone help.

I will be adding a sub maybe speakers (Speakers a fairly gd so not sure). Which is best for money and the features?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-cde-104bti_p-23617.htm

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-cda-117ri_p-25867.htm
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Alpine CDA-117RiCD is real good mate! a bit expensive but worths every penny! a lot of good features am sure you'll like and what i personally like on that one is the LCD screen much more smoother and clean..but thats just me tho..
All are only as good as the warranty,so as long as you buy it from a reputable retailer then whatever make or model you buy with the features YOU want will be perfect for just YOU!

Some boring stuff below to read that may help you....

HOW AND WHY TO CHANGE YOUR HEAD UNIT

HOW AND WHY TO UPGRADE YOUR MK.4S SPEAKERS

HOW TO CHOOSE AND INSTALL AMPLIFIERS

HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SUBWOOFER BOX

Chris.
See less See more
Cheers for the help lads :). yeah the CDA-117RiCD is good but abit pricey. Would i need 2 pre-outs or 3? Last question lol

Cheers Jam
pre-outs just depends on how many amps/subs you want to connect.. so i guess the more the better cause you always have that option. Bear in mind the stock speakers are already quite decent! i havnt changed mine just wired the subs, the head units your considering got built in equalizers anyway so you can always set the sound how you'd like...
Cheers for help :). just thought id ask to be on safe side. Your not wrong the original speakers are acee :)

Thanks again Jamm
been looking around and i really want the Gamma head units. Abit pissed of now that it wasnt in the car when i brought it :(
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.