Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals.

Got a bit of a problem i desperatley need my rear axle bushes doing on my mk4 golf ive phoned up local garages and they dont seem to be interested in doing them i know its a pig of a job to do but surely it cant be that bad. ive orderd the bushes off ebay and i need someone to fit them and i need my MOT doing straight after does anyone here have a garage local were it can be done. all help will be much appreciated please get intouch with prices and etc.

thanks in advance

scott

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Elddis motors, near to VW at the Arniston Centre did mine last summer.

No problems since

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys will give them a shout. garages in darlington must not like mk4 golf axle bushes lol. what a ball ache ive had to pull my car off the road till i can find someone to do them. im quite embarrassed that i managed to replace my heater matrix but im scared to do the axle bushes lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right going to ring all the garages you gentlemen have provided tomorrow, thanks i really appreciate your help. does anyone know how long it takes to chane them? i cant see it taking more than 2 hours 1 hour per side. hope fully it will cost under £100 as i have the bushes just need the labour lol.

thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay went to a garage today in cockerton and they quoted me £80 to do my bushes. dropping her off on tuesday then shes booked in for mot on thursday its going to be another happy 12 months of motoring in my golf

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well today i got my golf back chuffed to bits[<:eek:)] 12 month mot and only needed a little work had the axle bushes done and rear spring snapped (that must because the bushes wernt absorbing the energy so the spring took it instead[:(]). advice to everyone when you find out your bushes are on there way out get them changed straight away. anyways i also had a leaking caliper which at first we thought the brake lines had perished but it just needed a new washer. now however my pedal isnt very firm the bloke bled the calipers but not the master cylinder so tomorrow im going to do it. i bled my brakes about two years ago and didnt enjoy it one bit what a bitch they are to do on the mk4 golf.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts