Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just done the most stupid thing.I went out to my car opened up as normal and put keys into ignition.

I then went into my garage to pick up a few things and when I came back out the car had locked itself up with the keys dangling in the ignition switch.

My next problem is I cannot find the spare key.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them and how did you get in.

My next step will probably be e trip back to the garage to get the big hammer.

Cheers Kev

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
How have you managed that? If it locked itself, I'd suggest that the door lock module is playing up?

Are you a member of the AA or RAC? Can't really think of any other way of getting in other than smashing the window, I'm sorry to say. Check all the doors, including the boot, aren't unlocked first tho.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Apparently there is a way to get into MKIV's with hardly any damage; I think
its something to do with tripping the windows to come down by doing something
to the lock. I haven't read or looked for the information myself on how to do
this but there is a thread on here about it:<o:p></o:p>

Look at this thread: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/742022.aspx <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Maybe one of the guys that knows how to do it will PM you the info as it
seems people don?t want it to be common knowledge and posted in threads. Can't
see the difference between a Pm and a forum post mind as the info is obviously
easily obtainable.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Hope this helps in some small way, or you find the spare key [:)] <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alright mate,

Probs too late as I guess you'll be in now. If for any reason your not PM me for the unfortunate security flaw that will allow you access. Is the motor de-locked?

Gadge

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there

Anyone else want to pm me the details on how to get into my car or any other none damaging way to get into it?

Cheers Kev

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys , tried it but no sucess. got the AA out took him all of 15 mins.

Thanks again

Cheers Kev

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks guys , tried it but no sucess. got the AA out took him all of 15 mins.

Thanks again

Cheers Kev
How did he do it? The exact same happened to me and the guy had to smash the window as the dead locks wouldn't allow him to pull the button up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi mate ok jsut seen a post about getting locked out you car and i see u know how to get the windows down..

Please please could i get a contact number from u as i need to get mine open as soon as possible as the mechanic is comin to change my alternator in a few hours,,, or if your can reply to this as soon as.. please mate would help me out big time!

Thanks in advance Ridz

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Ridz, If you still need this info please PM me as I don't want to post it on the forum for the obvious reasons. Sorry I have taken so long to reply but been offline due to work commitments.

Cheers Moggie93

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I am in the situation of being locked out of my golf, although i have the keys

To cut it short i have been unable to drive for the past few weeks as i have had knee surgery, i am still unable to drive at this mo but thought i would go and change the bulbs in my car as th M O T is due soon and my bro is gonna take it i go out and the battery is flat as road kill car is delocked and i have tried pulling the inner handle but as there is no power the deadlocks wont release any ideas chaps and gals

1 - 20 of 29 Posts