Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this normal, everytime i turn the key for ignition on i get this electronic humming coming from around the TB which I thought was the alignment, like when you turn it on for 1st time after disconnecting battery.

Is this supposed to happen everytime you turn ignition, its not just the fuel pump priming im mistaking this for is it? coz sounds like its coming from TB lasts for around 30 secs..

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it last for 30 secs and only start once You turn the ignition 1 click on? i thought the fuel pump prime noise was the one when you open the driver door...

also really sounds like its coming from tb and doing some alingment buzzing sound. just seems like its doing the TB alignment EVERYTIME???

·
Registered
498 Posts
if its on first click then sounds to be TB. However i thought alignment could only be fdone via vcds ,but i could be wrong. To test your own theory have you disconnected the TB plug and switched the ignition on to see if it still does it?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, cheers mate will try that 2mrw, think this only started happening after i cleaned the TB the other week and have disconnected the battery twice (to reset my central locking) since then...does it need to be programmed to do the alignment properly via the port?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry if silly question but how do You unplug the TB? mine is a 52 AUM, not sure if you can unplug these if not can't test it that way..

·
Registered
498 Posts
have a look around the throttle body. could be a black plug that is plugged into it. im not familiar with the wiring layout of a 1.8t so cvouldnt be 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
think on the later model 1.8t models you can't just unplug the TB as i remember this from when i cleaned it
cheers anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.