Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Hey guys looking for some help really.... I have a 98 (S) gt TDI 110 AHF

Been having turbo/ boost problems :( starting from the begining... I got the car bout 2-3 weeks ago since I got her she has been boosting really late 2800-3000rpm obviously this is not right, after about of time on Google I put it down to dirty/clogged/sticky veins in the vnt.... so on Friday I don't the 'mr muscle' trick also cleaned out my egr and freed off the actuator (still don't think it has full movement) anyways she is running better.... almost... is boosting earlier about 1800rpm but.... anything over bout 3k she goes into a sort of limp mode no power at all but only for a few seconds then is fine :/ no lights come on or anything also if you give it full throttle like a smoke test on mot she coughs out quite abit of smoke and idles terribly (chugging and vibrating like about to stall) then 5-10 seconds later is fine..... looked this up and some ppl have said Maf others not... anyway to cut a long story short the turbo sounds like is on way out very loud and has done 180k on same unit so thinking time for replacement I have bought a low milage pd130 turbo as I am led to believe its a direct fit.... I know you have to change the intercooler pipe from the turbo to the pancake pipe but Tbh I don't know what I'm looking for ie part number or anything does anyone have one for sale or point me in the right direction..... is there anything else I need? Will the car run OK as it has not been remaped yet? Will be doing shortly once vcar is tunning right assuming in will get a little more power rather then mapping on standard turbo....... any advice or comments welcome sorry its such a long one!! Lol cheers'

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.