·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

What utter trash.

What a STUPID, STUPID tag line.

Asian bloke with a semi cockney accent?

'If you drop it it should be ok, if you spill drinks on it it should be ok, usually'?

Garbage.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Posted Image

What utter trash.

What a STUPID, STUPID tag line.

Asian bloke with a semi cockney accent?

'If you drop it it should be ok, if you spill drinks on it it should be ok, usually'?

Garbage.
why? garbage?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I guess you're too young to remember the original adverts from the mid 80s.

They went down well originally & Toshiba probably think people still have the same mindset as 20 years ago !

·
Registered
472 Posts
i don't get it either - can you really pour coffee onto it and it will work again with no sticky keys ?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
advertisement = crap

Toshiba kit = cool and very good

glad to see they're spending most of their time developing good products rather then on the marketing [;)]

·
Registered
93 Posts
For those who are old enough to remember, like me :(

Didn't the tune come from a terrible song by Alexi Sayle called "Hello Tosh, Got a new Motor?" that was in the charts during the 80's?

·
Registered
824 Posts
advertisement = crap

glad to see they're spending most of their time developing good products rather then on the marketing [;)]
Can't say I agree on their kit being good,had a TV from them for 8 months and KABOOM! Smoke bellowing(sp?) out of the back and nothing. 18 parts needed replacing under warranty(should f***ing hope so too!) and now it's really noisy and never been the same since,never ever EVER going to buy from them again!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
advertisement = crap

Can't say I agree on their kit being good,had a TV from them for 8 months and KABOOM! Smoke bellowing(sp?) out of the back and nothing. 18 parts needed replacing under warranty(should f***ing hope so too!) and now it's really noisy and never been the same since,never ever EVER going to buy from them again!
You didnt copy the ad and try spilling coffee down the back of the tv did you???

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
think you've just been unlucky, had a few Tosh TV's, all high end versions 32'', 100 hertz etc.. but all superb, no problems, great picture and sound, only other TV's that are as good are Phillips!

Moved onto LCD now, so my Dads got it now!

·
Registered
472 Posts
in 1999 the company i worked for at the time bought 20 Toshiba 4030CDT and 5 of them went faulty dead screen or hard drive within the first few weeks dealing with all the problems this caused is enough to put you off a brand for life.

·
Registered
614 Posts

advertisement = crap

Sorry but you must be unluck I have had a 32 " tv and vid I spent ?1600 about 8 years ago and no problems ever I swear by toshiba thinking of getin a tosh laptop[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get the advert and like the kit, I just think the commercial is
awful... making a claim on spillages or dropping it, and then adding a
disclaimer by saying 'usually', defeats the point entirely IMO!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I guess you're too young to remember the original adverts from the mid 80s.

They went down well originally & Toshiba probably think people still have the same mindset as 20 years ago !
Yeah I remember them....they were the days of SCOTCH "re-record not
fade away" Video Tape ads..Oh and it was Alexi Sayle and "Ello John, got a new mota"

As for Toshiba quality am on my Tecra laptop at the moment and the
reliability and build quality makes such stuff as Dell / Packard Bell
etc look like a kid built them with lego

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's right, seems a long time ago now.

The others I remember are 'skol, skol, skol, skol' & Hofmeister 'Follow the Bear' !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts