Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, this is my first time on a VW forum, I have made the leap from Ford to VW. There are some very informative posts on this site, I am sure I will enjoy being part of it.

My new (02) car...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The two cars can not in my mind be compared, I love them both for different reasons, the raw power and handling of the RS is stunning, but the feel and refinement of the VW is superb - I just love that V6 sound. I have to have the climate control on economy as the window is just always down!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ride on the RS was bone shakin, but it stuck to a dry road like glue. The 4mo is a little wallowy but after two days of having it I upgraded the wheels and that has made a nice bit of difference. By the way, my old wheels are currently on ebay check this link out if you are interested...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-4Motion-7-Spoke-16-alloy-wheels_W0QQitemZ4587676892QQcategoryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am looking forward to experiencing a solid drive in the wet with the 4 wheel drive. I also like the extra luxury and quality of build from the golf.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I am really interested in the polishing machine that every one raves about on this site. What's the deal? Do you order from the states and then have to buy a transformer for it to work? Does using one of these machines reduce the amount of polish used? Also, on the auto express site I saw a review of cheap polishing machines (the cosmo is less than ?20 quid) - does anyone have any views on these products?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Nice s election of cars [:)] As much as i hate Fords (my Dad is a Ford man) i must say i love the look of the RS Focus.

Get yourself on the detailing forum and ask or search for info on the
Porter Cable polisher. They are a very helpful bunch in there and will
guide the way for you [:)]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts