Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone. I'm new to the site but not to VW's, i had a mk2 big bumper a few months back followed by a 5door mk3 vr6 and a few cars on i have ended up with a W plate Bora 115 6 speed sport. It's more or less standard apart from a de-badged grille, black rear badge, some black 18 x 8.5 alloys, cheap coilovers, light tints and a tuning box. i was really surprised with the economy and the fact it just did a 210m round trip on 1/4 of a tank of diesel lol. that is a god send to me as the 5 series sport i just got rid of would push 25mpg if i drove like a saint (not very often with manual and lsd lol).

anyway i will get some pictures and get them up soon.

cheers

few pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. ive been having a mooch around the clutch and gearbox section as i feel i will be needing a new clutch and dmf soon [cry]

since having the car i have fitted a 6k hid kit, led numberplate bulbs, my alpine bluetooth headunit, a new rear tyre as i had a puncture after owning the car for one day lol.

im waiting on some german numberplate surrounds, and some interior led bulbs and a few other little bits.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy [:D]

Nice Bora you have there mate, I like the dark alloys & the black rear badge [Y]

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy [:D]

Nice Bora you have there mate, I like the dark alloys & the black rear badge [Y]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers. its exactly how i got it on the outside. its got a few little niggles, hence the interior light lol. it will need some new front brakes soon so il be changing the hubs to 150's and some bigger brakes. it needs a sump guard too as its pretty low down. It's pretty much the same as my mates gttdi 150 except for the power and the heated seats. other than that its got the same. was the sport top of the range in the older models or something?

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Looking nice mate and same colour as mine. The sport is the second highest spec after the propper highlines that have the leather seats. I have been wondering about getting my wheels refurbed in black when the worst of winter is out of the way, but wasn't sure if they would look too dark with the dark paint, but they look good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers guys for the replies.

today i have fitted my interior light that came from scotty mc 87 on here, (super quick delivery, cheers) and fitted some white LED bulbs to the main light and map lights. i also have had my fuel cap apart and fixed the plunger on the solenoid. it had fallen off so the cap wouldnt open. ive temporarily fixed it till i can get to VW for some new parts.

last but not least ive fitted and plumbed in my revo technik boost gauge and swg vent mounted gauge holder. ive got the light on the gauge wired to the dimmer and the boost tapped into the pancake pipe. due to my car having a tuning box it spikes to between 25 and 28psi!! but holds at the stock 16 to 18 psi. no wonder my clutch slips in 3rd and 4th.

tomorrow is plate holder and new rear plate and wash the car lol.

il have to start a build thread somewhere

1 - 15 of 15 Posts