Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Hello new girl

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  sam_46 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I thought I'd join here as I am in the process of looking to get a Golf GTi 1.8 T, just waiting for my money to come through. I want one thats less than 6 years old, 5 dr, average mileage and around ?5 - 6K. Any advice on what I should look for when buying would be welcome [:D]

Sam

#5 ·
Hi Sam,

Depends where you are as to the best car your going to get for your buck.

I would reccomend you get something Y reg or newer, as these were Drive By Wire and had the better turbo's in them. Also, make sure cambelt has been changed at the appropriate times (either 60k or within 6 years). Worth looking into weather the water pump has been changed also, definately a bonus if it has.

Worth looking around to see if you can get yourself a model with climate control, makes a lot of difference, and also heated seats or leather seats would be a must for me after having heated seats in my Bora.

Make sure all service history is there and take a good look at the bodywork and your pretty much done!

Wow, I was so helpful just then!

#17 ·
look at all your replys - just cause your a girl.

anyway down to business,

bra size [:p] lol just joking and welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.