Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone [;)]

Ive just turned 21 so i swapped my zetec s tdci fiesta for a GT Golf mk4 TDI - 130bhp! Its quicker than the fez and still insurance friendly.

Its great being a girl getting cheap insutrance lol

I picked it up on wednesday, really happy with it so far

I went from this:

Posted Image

to this:

Posted Image

I hate standard cars!!! shes crying out for mods, once xmas is over the modding will begin, got so much planned for it [:D]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooops sorry for big pics, just noticed that!

Want some tints and a spoiler and a new front grille for now, oh and some lowering

Want a few little silver bits for the interior, but it just costs so much.

my smoked side repeaters off my fez fit the golf so im gonna put them on tomorrow and spray my callipers red, u reckon red or silver is better? mmm decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Happy Birthday, ello, good choice of car, and I hope you got a whole TON of birthday money - this place is expensive [;)]

Enjoy

C

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah they do fit! which is nice!

Ive sold all my bits off the fez to fund the deposit on the golf. lol

she was on a 05 and i went down to a 02 car, i hardly think im downgrading from a fez to a golf lol

im averaging 50mpg which is nice.

im such a novice when it comes to modding golfs, ive had 2 fiestas in the past (mk5 +6) and a saxo. i nearly bought a 1.4 mk4 golf 2yrs ago but it was too slow so went for a 1.25 fiesta lol

but theres loads of info on here for me.

Good forum so far

Thanks for the welcome [:)]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bec, have a browse through the members rides, see
if anything catches your eyes. People are friendly and will be more
than happy to answer your questions.....

Carl [:)]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The link goes to a page without any parts.....I guess you are talking about these

Posted Image

If you are, then no, you don't have to take the door appart to fit them!

If not...what part is it you're talking about?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
If your gonna do the silver stuff, I would do the whole kit. Heres mine to give you an idea, this is the R32 kit.

Posted Image

The quality is second to none, be wary of any 'replica' kits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there from another girly on here.

Mind out for these boys on here. They'll be falling over themselves to help you [:D]

I think their hearts are in the right place though, lol.

Good choice on the diesel [Y]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
One of the unwritten rules of support is give the girls a much higher class of personal service. The men just get a 'hit the reset button'.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Welcome!

Since you've got the 130TDI, essential mods include cold air feed pipe into the air box, green cotton air filter, W8 light, sunglasses holder, upper S3 strut brace and lower S3 strut brace - those are all very cheap high bang for buck mods!

Then you get to the more expensive things like the Bora Vents + lighting loom, R32 ali trim, the 312mm TT brake upgrades, Milltek turbo back exhaust, re-map, suspension (Eibach prokit + bilsteins / coilovers), 18/19" wheels, recaro seats, Anni / R-line bodykit, etc!

You can easily spend a few grand on that lot if you wanted to [:D]

·
Registered
637 Posts
You can easily spend a few grand on that lot if you wanted to [:D]
BUT if you order from us it would save you a few hundered [:D]

Welcome to the forum and any mods that ya need just drop us a PM/mail - we'll sort you out with the parts at a frum discount [;)]

Cheers
C

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys and girl [:D]

I popped into halfords today and got red caliper paint, and seen a silver 5door tdi with uk-mkivs badge on in swansea? dunno whos that was!

The mod i was on about was silver popper things, u know, door pins?? they were ?3 something on vag parts, are they easy to fit?

I love the silver bits in the golf that have been posted up, i so want some. I want to get the interior stuff sorted first as thats cheaper, maybe santa will bring me stuff for xmas lol.

Im gonna order my mkivs stickers this week, do i get a pair or just one?

Is there a members mug shot on this forum? where all u members get to post ur pics [:p]

Heres me and my bf on my 21st last month

Posted Image

And me and my mate jemma back in the summer! god i miss the light summer nights [:(]

Posted Image

Yeah i know i look young, im getting odd looks in this car as in to say "you aint old enough to be driving that" lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts