Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm Sam, home is in West Sussex, uni is in Manchester, hence the strange title!

I haven't actually got a mk4 yet, but my pug snapped it's timing belt so its mk4 time! Only problem is that I only have 2 grand, and trying to find a mint 1.9Tdi is a nightmare!

I've seen a fairly nice dark green mk4, had a test drive, but the bonnet has been sprayed badly so there's pimples all over it. Not too fussed about it, but not sure what to think!

Plan of action when I do get a mk4 is to lower it and put some some nice wheels on it as it'll improve the look massively! Tempted by some deep dish as I've always thought they look good.... Also not a fan of the side indicators, so might have to do something about that.

Anyways, hello!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
borrow a grand of ya parents or from some other source and get yourself a gt tdi, best thing you will ever do mate, by the way welcome, hope your life as a dubber starts soon
Unfortunately 2 grand is as far as I can go! Would love a GT, but seems like a 90HP will have to do for the mo. Would like to map it in the future, but with the risk of the clutch slipping from the extra power/torque it might not be worth it atm.

Cheers for the welcome! What do you lot think about the whole bonnet problem?

Matty, your bora looks sick!

James, cool cool! What do you drive? Not a caddy forum, but I sometimes see a group of old caddies meet up by Goodwood racecourse which look pretty sick. Would like one of those if I didn't need a practical car :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah could try, the dealer doesn't know anything about the bonnet. It's had a background check so wasn't given a cat 'x' by insurance. I've asked for the car to have a service (oil change/filter) and a MOT done it as well, so might be difficult to get it down. Think i might just save the respray for when it really starts to annoy me, save the money for more important bits!

Yeah true, only problem is that I go back to uni on sunday, so need something before then. Otherwise I'd jut wait..... last week was such a difficult time to search for cars as no one was at work!

How long do you leave between cam belt changes? This car had it done 25,000 miles ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.