Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, just thought i would say hi on here as i have been using the site for a couple of weeks now since i bought my first golf. a 1.8 Turbo. i have to say i always thought all the hype about vws was tosh as i used to own a clio 172 and recently a saab turbo, which both went like sh*t of a shovel! but the quality of the golf is amazing far far surpassess the clio which fell to bits and the saab that went to the big scrapyard in the sky!!

i have read a bit on here about rtech and am saving now for the stage one. altough in the meantime i've a central convenience module problem to sort and many layers of wax to apply!! i had some parking sensors which i took from a new audi a3 at work(boyshop painter) so fitted those yesterday and although i dont have trouble parking, the little sensors have really modernised the back end. ill get some pics up next time i clean it.

well bye for now

bigdan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edward they drive fantastic although if I'm honest it is nowhere near the Clio for speed, not yet anyway. The Saab was really good between 50-120 it just flew but the car just deteriated around the great engine, everytime I got in it something would break. So I went for a veedub. It has a ton on the clock but still everything works and it is so tight to drive. The gearbox is superb and it has very few squeaks and rattles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts