Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently said a rather begrudging goodbye to a Brabus Smart Roadster, great fun, but because it's only a rushed off the design board prototype, it's full, full oh soooo full of technical and mechanical issues that to keep on the road any longer would bankrupt a state owned UK banker- which I'm most certainly not!

Get a golf Mk 5 GT F170 (56 plate), my rational self said...cool, fun and reliable...... I thought. 55000 miles on the clock and my indicators are reminding me of the bad old days of faulty SAM units and damp getting into everything! Now when I'm going around busy roundabouts turning right my indicators suddenly decide to flash that I'm turning left- now that just isn't safe!

Having read a couple of articles about this on the web, including the one here, I'm still unsure about what the problem is and what I need to do. I'm no mechanic, but having owned a roadster I don't mind experimenting. Any ideas? What's up? What should I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I've tried thumping the central column and pulling and pushing the stalk. I've switched the ignition on and off (like IT people say you should with computers), flashed (the lights, not my body) and indicated simultaneously, double clicked, swore and not bothering to indicate, none of which seem to work (except not indicating, which felt good as nothing worked....as planned). What's likely to be stuck....a mouse? Should I try using cheese?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys. I've tried thumping the central column and pulling and pushing the stalk. I've switched the ignition on and off (like IT people say you should with computers), flashed (the lights, not my body) and indicated simultaneously, double clicked, swore and not bothering to indicate, none of which seem to work (except not indicating, which felt good as nothing worked....as planned). What's likely to be stuck....a mouse? Should I try using cheese?
lol...a mouse could be stuck...but it would probably be dead after all the abuse you gave it, so your cheese wont help! id take the couling around the column of to have a visual check. If your confident enough not to break it! most likely a stalk though i cant think it would be anything else....

Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts