Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xenon low beam, halogen high beam

incl. Xenon D1S bulbs (2 pcs.) and H7 bulbs (2 pcs.)
as well as automatic headlight range adjustment
And by the looks of things a celis strip running through the centre of the unit
Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am in discussions to find out whether there are any RHD lamps planned for production.

I will update the thread when I have more information.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hillside Imports in the U.S. has put together a kit where they've taken the Hella "HID-look" lights and dropped in HID bulbs. They are selling them for about US$800 if I recall ... only problem is no auto-leveling. In fairness, to rig auto-leveling would entail modifications to many many parts of the car. Although Hillside is also working on a manual leveling mechanism that can be controlled from the dash. They claim it's "plug & play" but the same was said about the Hella Euro-spec LED taillights. At a minimum, some vag comming to tell the car to run the appropriate voltage. If in fact that's all that's needed, this is a great deal.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hillside Imports in the U.S. has put together a kit where they've taken the Hella "HID-look" lights and dropped in HID bulbs. They are selling them for about US$800 if I recall ... only problem is no auto-leveling. In fairness, to rig auto-leveling would entail modifications to many many parts of the car. Although Hillside is also working on a manual leveling mechanism that can be controlled from the dash. They claim it's "plug & play" but the same was said about the Hella Euro-spec LED taillights. At a minimum, some vag comming to tell the car to run the appropriate voltage. If in fact that's all that's needed, this is a great deal.
Wouldn't mind a link to this item if possible?

If someone has 'dropped in HID bulbs' into a Hella lamp then that renders the lamp illegal.

What are these 'Hella Euro-spec LED tailights'?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few new pics from the Essen Motorshow. Damn these lights are sweet. Anymore news on whether RHD units are coming our way?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Pics do look OK don't they?

I have received some prices but I have been told that these will not be available in the UK until March 2007?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What sort of prices will we be looking at for the Halogen and Xenon versions?
Still in descussion with my source at the moment as I am just tyring to confirm part numbers and a price for the Headlamp Wash Kit.

I will update you when I have exact costs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found this info on TMTuning.com: For the Halogen versions.
Hella MK5 Golf/Jetta Xenon and Halogen Upgrade headlights
The New Hella MK5 projector headlights feature the same style and look as the DynaBeam version, but do not have the auto turning feature. The new headlight style features an entirely redesigned interior reflector system, true Celis city light center beam bar, DE low beam, FF high beam and tons of lighting power.

They are available in 2 options: Halogen (H7/H7) or Halogen (H7) / Xenon.

The headlights also feature switch reflectors for the low beam so they can be used for LHD or RHD vehicles.?
Note: The headlights also feature switch reflectors for the low beam so they can be used for LHD or RHD vehicles.
Posted Image

1ZL 009 489-841 - Right Hand Traffic1ZL 009 489-851 - Left Hand Traffic

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have to say thats the first time I've EVER been excited by a pair of headlights! Im having a set of those when available.

Baker21, is there any chance of getting a group buy/discount running?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have to say thats the first time I've EVER been excited by a pair of headlights! Im having a set of those when available.

Baker21, is there any chance of getting a group buy/discount running?
Group buys are always possible however I have run a few and had little interest, maybe if I ran a group buy there would be some interest in this product?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hehe bloody typical.... [:D][:p]

Just knew summat would come up when i'd sold the MK5 lol! [:D]
Why not buy another GTi??? These lights would look lovely on it far better than the ones you have now on the Audi[;)][:D]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts