Registered
1,713 Posts
I've got the US spec GTI lights on mine and am well happy - Any
non-Golfer wouldn't know the difference, but they look class to us sad
people!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I agree, the US spec gti lights are quality. IMO the RCR's are becoming the new lexus lights/common as muck item of our own little Mk4 community. (Hope I didn't offend anyone by that!)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, the US spec gti lights are quality. IMO the RCR's are becoming a chav-type item within our own little Mk4 community. (Hope I didn't offend anyone by that!)
Sort of have to agree.

Anyone fancy a swap? for us gti or euro lights?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
US spec, preferably over the Euro spec - the white strip looks just a wee bit out of place on dark mk4s IMO, where the grey US strip looks about right :eek:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mmmm, just bought a set of RCCR's mail order and they were not what i
expected. I was expecting the 'us' style but with a thicker white band.
Havent put them on yet because i cant decide if i'm like them...

Anyone want to buy a set of brand new chav-lights!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I mentioned this a couple of months ago and got a good ear bashing !!

US spec lights, all the way, like someone already said, the uninitiated don't even notice them !! Very subtle. Only us spotters notice !!

I've said it a thousand times, stick with OEM and you can't go wrong !!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have the RCCR and I've had loads of comments (Positive ones)

People think that they look loads better as thats the way tail lights are going, look at any new car now.

Also with having a smooth boot thought the RCCR would suit it better.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You could join an exclusive club and fit the in-pro reds. They look stunning on a black car (I can mail you pics if you want) and are so rare that I've only seen one other set on a car in the uk.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could join an exclusive club and fit the in-pro reds. They look stunning on a black car (I can mail you pics if you want) and are so rare that I've only seen one other set on a car in the uk.
I saw those before and really like them, only problem is dunno what the quality is like and where to get them.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Both are a very nice light. If your really unhappy with the Hella go for a change. It not an expensive mod after you sell your rears

·
Registered
843 Posts
yeah they do suit that really well as its a dark car

but then I think the RCCR suits the reflex silver better as its a bit brightier like the lights!!!

if you get me

I'll try get a pic of mine for ya but won't be for a couple of days, and show you what I mean

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Mmmm, just bought a set of RCCR's mail order and they were not what i expected. I was expecting the 'us' style but with a thicker white band. Havent put them on yet because i cant decide if i'm like them...

Anyone want to buy a set of brand new chav-lights!
Chav lights?

Let's be realistic the R/C/C/R's are common because they are a good looking lamp IMO, how many Golf's do you see fitted with LExus lamps? Not many from what I see on the forum?

I agree that R/C/C/R's are becoming common but then it looks like the US and Euro lamps are going to be heading the same way?

What about some R/B/B/R's? For that total OEM look?

Only sold 4 sets in total to people on the forum!!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
RCCR's are only common on this forum. how many RCCR's do you see out on the road?
That's correct mate and sometimes I think that forum members forget that.

I have never seen any on a Golf when I have been heading up and down motorways or around town.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
US spec, preferably over the Euro spec - the white strip looks just a wee bit out of place on dark mk4s IMO, where the grey US strip looks about right :eek:)
I have to disagree with you comment, as any colour goes well with Black, the Euro lights look just as good, if not better on a Black car.

My car is testament to that!

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 29 Posts