Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
A huge thumbs up to the darkened lens.  A huge thumbs down to the LED.  Why oh why are they not teh same as the golf Plus aftermarket ones you posted?  Or similar to the darkened lens but with LED's.  I Hate them with a capital H.  I have been waiting for the LED's for a while now, only to be hugely disapointed.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A huge thumbs up to the darkened lens. A huge thumbs down to the LED. Why oh why are they not teh same as the golf Plus aftermarket ones you posted? Or similar to the darkened lens but with LED's. I Hate them with a capital H. I have been waiting for the LED's for a while now, only to be hugely disapointed.
I am sorry that you feel that way mate but I do not have any say so on what they design.

With all due respect the style of the lamp has been designed using latest styling ideas and that is what the marketing and design team within Hella Germnay have decided on making. I am sure that there will be other versions but these are to be the first to be built as an aftermarket product for the MKV Golf, other manufacturers will no doubt come up with other ideas.

You seemed to be fixed on the LED rearlamps for the Golf Plus, not being funny mate but why didn't you buy a Golf Plus?

There is just no pleasing everyone and I am sure you can appreciate that.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I was not having a pop, just expressing my opinion. TBH I am surprised that Hella have been so quick of the mark in getting anything to the market. Perhaps you are being a little touchy as the only lights for the MKV I criticised were the LED ones. I like the dark lenses and I like the Golf Plus. The LED's for the Golf just looked too boxy for my liking, they are too rectangular and too different from the OEM for me. It will be interesting to see who the sell.

Regarding should I have bought a Golf Plus?, well unfortunatly the lights are not the be all and end all of the car [;)] Lets be honest the Golf Plus is not quite the dynamic car the GTI is.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was not having a pop, just expressing my opinion. TBH I am surprised that Hella have been so quick of the mark in getting anything to the market. Perhaps you are being a little touchy as the only lights for the MKV I criticised were the LED ones. I like the dark lenses and I like the Golf Plus. The LED's for the Golf just looked too boxy for my liking, they are too rectangular and too different from the OEM for me. It will be interesting to see who the sell. Regarding should I have bought a Golf Plus?, well contrary to what you may believe, the lights are not the be all and end all of the car [;)]
Hey mate, I am not touchy, forums are all about opinions and it just seems to me that you are very keen on LED rearlamps for the MKV how you want them but in reality that is not the case.

Surely when purchasing some OEM Aftermarket rearlamps or any other product it is about buying something that is different? If you want the same style with LED's then why not by some LED bulbs?

Who knows what other styles will come out but there are currently around 5 different MKIV styles of rearlamps so maybe we will see some more for the MKV?

Not having a go mate, just expressing my opinion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Baker21 - are the darkened lights the same as those fitted to the R32? I'm hoping they are not, as I would like darker ones! Trev.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Loving the darkend ones.. if they are not too much, they will be on my mod list

I agree with whats been said about the leds... i dont like them.. Love the golf plus ones but they just dont do it for me!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Baker21 has a point. Why would Hella make LED rear lights which are exactly the same as the Golf Plus LED rear lights? If you want Golf Plus LED rear lights, why not just buy them from VW? Has anyone done this? Are they compatible with the standard Golf?

Stuart
http://www.radox.freeserve.co.uk/vwgolfmk5.htm
No they are not.
Radox, thanks for that mate.

Milkfloat is absolutly right however, the BIW (Body In White) of the MK5 Golf and the Golf Plus is completely different.

·
Registered
471 Posts
A huge thumbs up to the darkened
lens. A huge thumbs down to the LED. Why oh why are
they not teh same as the golf Plus aftermarket ones you posted?
Or similar to the darkened lens but with LED's. I Hate them with
a capital H. I have been waiting for the LED's for a while now,
only to be hugely disapointed.
I'm with you mate... I'm waiting for Hella (or someone!) to come out
with Golf V rear lights that are closer to the OEM ones... though
having said that I don't mind the look of the squarish ones at all. The
moment I find out that there are LED lights similar to the OEM for the
MkV, they're on my car...

·
Registered
471 Posts
[URL=http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5053/11221vd.png]http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5053/11221vd.png[/URL]

I like those!

Are those replacement front fog lights for the GTI in the second picture?

[/QUOTE]

I want these! Why have they not been released?!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I too am not keen on the LED light design.  I love the look of the darkened lights and have my fingers crossed that these are released with led's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 1.6 S Golf Plus on loan from the dealers from Thursday til
Saturday
and the only thing I liked about it was the rear LEDs. I was sooooo
happy when I got my car back. I think I was even happier than the day I
picked it up.[:D]

I asked the
dealer if the Plus LEDs would fit my Golf and I was disapointed by the 'No'. [:'(] The Hella LEDs don't do it for me either. [:(]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts