Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Celis upgrade headlamps from Baker21 on Thursday - great product and great service [Y]. I managed to fit them today and took a few pictures, though they really don't do these headlamps justice. The Celis rings are a cool, bright white and the DE low beams are an improvement over the standard lamps. And I've yet to adjust them properly to take full advantage of them [:)].

Before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At Night:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looking good

How are they for driving compared to the standard ones, Have you noticed them to be any brighter.

Phil

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
ABSOLUTALY BRILLIANT!!!

The blue rings, when not illuminated, compliment your car colour really well!!

I am very impressed and excited and they are not even on my motor!!

Hope that your happy with them mate!!

COME ON GUYS, ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good

How are they for driving compared to the standard ones, Have you noticed them to be any brighter.

Phil
I swapped the standard bulbs that came with the headlamps for the Philips Blue Vision ones I had in my old lamps. I found the light output is far whiter than what I got from the standard lamps and a little bit brighter. The beam cut-off is much better and there is no glare when looking at them from the front. The high beam is excellent too!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Im not sure about the bit Hella block at the bottom of the ring, im sure most other makes (FK for example) arent like that or are they?

A picture of RJH's is here:
Full thread with more pics

Posted Image

Other than that they look superb and will be excellent quality.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ABSOLUTALY BRILLIANT!!!

The blue rings, when not illuminated, compliment your car colour really well!!

I am very impressed and excited and they are not even on my motor!!

Hope that your happy with them mate!!

COME ON GUYS, ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!!
I'm really happy with them [:D]. Thanks again Simon.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Im not sure about the bit Hella block at the bottom of the ring, im sure most other makes (FK for example) arent like that or are they?

Absolutely spot on with your comments as always Gary. Lovely lights and I'm tempted to get a set if I'm keeping my car, but the Hella decal just spolis it a bit for me I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looking good...............

ill have mine next week hopefully!

I currently have Fks on my golf so ill do some before and after shots so you guys can compare them,it might finally put the Fk/hella argument to bed hee hee!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

A picture of RJH's is here:
Full thread with more pics

Posted Image

I am not a big fan of the Hella block but I have explained the reason for the block before on a previous thread.

Not wanting to be a 'know it all' but you can clearly see the light source on the FK rings as there are more than one LED's in their to light up that ring and for me that's the difference, you can't see the single LED light source on the Hella Celis ring because it's a better design, the ring has a function and not just a look with the FK units.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am confident that the FK units will not beat the Hella units for light ouput on all functions but especially the Angel Eye function.

I am biased though but I am also on a daily basis designing these products and the standards we have to achieve are very high.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apologies if this question has been asked before... but I'd appreciate it if this could be clarified...

The bulbs that the standard lamps use are:-
H7 - Dipped
H1 - Main
H3 - Fog

Are the bulbs in these Hella Celis the same? Or are they H7 in all functions? I'm asking as I want to get a HID conversion kit for the foglight function on these Hella Celis lamps... but I'm not sure what bulb size/type to order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I hear... but I also keep hearing differing arguements as to the legality of having a HID conversion bulb and ballast kits fitted. I've currently got a H7 type HID bulbs+Ballasts kit fitted to my Golf (on the dipped beam) and when I mentioned them to my local stealer who was about to MOT the car (thinking that it would be an instant failure unless I swapped them out for regular bulbs) he said that it's classed as an 'after-market accessory' and therefore not bound by the 'self leveling and headlamp cleaning' regulations...

In which case, can't I replace my foglight bulbs for HID+Ballast bulbs... and not be risking a night in a cell and an impounded V5...!?

Again... apologies if this has been discussed before... but thanks in advance for clarifying.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I will reply to this post tomorrow when I will be able to update you with the exact facts.

However I think it's pretty simple to stuff to realise that putting a Xenon Bulb behind a foglamp lens is not going to give you any light benefit apart from a big blur of light that will annoy every other road user!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What an earth would you want to replace the foglight bulbs for xenon
bulbs?! If you've got xenons for the dip beam then you
don't need fog lamps, hence the reason many oem xenon setups dont have
foglamps.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
feel like crying - i want these lights so badly!!!

i cannot wait for them! so excited knowing they'll be here this week!
Don't worry dude, I am picking these bad boys up tonight, wrapping them at home and then sending them on their way tomrrow!! Should arrive Thursday!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
got mine today, fitted no worries & absolutely delighted - will fire up pics very soon - one wee problem tho - they seem to have steamed up a bit - anyone else experienced this?  i've just left my lights and fogs on for a while to try and dry out any moisture that may be in them, checked all seals and everything seems to be fine - i'm just a bit puzzled!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts