Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milkfloat - The RHD versions will come with or without foglamps.

Nlouch - No idea as yet mate, lamps are scheduled to be in the UK at the end of July.

I will keep the forum updated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i nearly feel like crying cos they are awesome lights, and i want them so so so bad!!!!

come on baker - get them bad boys in!!!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looking slick!

even the chrome looks good,but it'll be smoked for me mr baker thank you!

Price is the big thing tho....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Was fishing around a few german/american sites and theres no mention of theses in a smoked variety,chrome only but its a very dark chrome at that,these are looking slick esp "that big annoying lump at the bottom of each ring" which turns out to have hella written on it class!

So mr baker ill take what ever you get without fog lights of course!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Now i know i'm probably gonna get slagged off to high heaven for saying this, but....

I still think my FK ones look better! (Runs and ducks for cover!) [:O]

The downside to the above picture that i have noticed are the two plastic lumps at the bottom of each ring, not attractive at all! Having these is going to make the rings look like the older MK3 ones, the ones that only looked like 3/4 ones whereas mine are full rings! [Y]

Still, if i were offered a set of these i wouldn't turn them down! [;)]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It's hard to tell from that picture how strong or weak they are, i do hear what you're saying mate, and i too would like to see more pics. But IMO they're definitely not as strong looking as mine in that picture! [:)]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey RJH, everyone can voice their own opinion, that's what forums are for?

I will be honest and say that I am not a fan of the 'Hella' logo area but hey, that's the way they are deisgned as it's not a full celis ring. It's not supposed to be!!! Hella were the first company to patent the Celis ring on the BMW headlamps and that's is why it is not a full ring on any of the aftermarket lamps due to patents and current design success.

As for your comment on the output issue of the celis ring, I am willing to bet 'F4T4SS' that it will be better than all of the rival lamps!! The Hella units use one LED light source and the celis ring has optics all around the ring to achieve an even spread and meets all the correct ECE, SAE light output requirements.

Other 'Celis' ring copies only use W5W bulbs to illuminate their rings and in most cases more than one W5W bulb!! The results are usually an orange ring as opposed to a nice cool white LED light distribution!! In most cases your better off with a candle in your headlamp!!

More information to follow at the end of this month for those looking to buy a set.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I will be honest and say that I am not a fan of the 'Hella' logo area but hey, that's the way they are deisgned as it's not a full celis ring. It's not supposed to be!!! Hella were the first company to patent the Celis ring on the BMW headlamps and that's is why it is not a full ring on any of the aftermarket lamps due to patents and current design success.
I bet they're "conveniently" designed such that if you snap off the plastic bits you'll get a full ring [;)] I look at some things and wonder if the designers deliberately made them that way so people can mod them. Plastic engine covers, for one. They make the bay look tidy (my non-VW mates are really amazed when they look under the bonnet of a modern VAG car - "Is that it? I thought there'd be lots of pipes and engine-y bits...") and at the same time are like a blank, inviting canvas. They look fab painted up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts