Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sisters car must say not a nice car but anyway who knows where it is and is there a fix for it i know new risistor pack and new loom but there must be a how to to do your own but ive searched for days but no avail renault want 400 its a joke for a common fault that melts the wiering loom and burns out the resistor shuerly you can fix the resistor and make the loom your self or a way to bypass with fitting a on off switch straight to the fan itsself maybee also she put fuel in while the engine was running and killed the fuel guage is there a dash reset i can do ? changed the control module today on the electric windows both fronts gone just found out renauld cover these with a 75% good will gutted but wont cover the resistor

so come on help me get this crapy car back to life

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
It's a Renault,she needs to get used to getting it fixed by her ever helpful brother at least once a week.I've come across most problems with French cars (Renaults are the worst of all of them) but I've never heard of this one,it's impossible to guess how easy it will be to fix without knowing the extent of the damage to the loom.

Unless it's got climate control then they're not all that difficult to rewire and you could even just give it an igntion live via a relay,only problem is it'll either be off or at full speed.If you do include the resistor pack in any rewiring scheme then it MUST be aircooled by putting it somewhere in the cold airflow (where it always was is good).If it's not cooled properly then it could burn out again within minutes.

Chris.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok only the plug going to the resistor had started to melt the 12v feed going to it is a 5mm cable and wasnt douching the resistor so no power going in cleaned up and worked fine

renault do a new loom and resistor that has an extra cable which splits the feed so it is not so heavy going in to the resistor easy jod took about an hour was located behind the glove box realy common fault i found after reading up on it

i wonder what next

1 - 4 of 4 Posts