Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Finally got my drivers side heated seat install up and running. Switched the dial to five and gave it ten mins to heat up i am really really disapointed for the amount of investment the amount of heat is very low. I could feel it in my lower back mildly warm but nothing in my legs and i was wearing shorts. the side bolsters hardly heated up 2 !!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Have you got the correct switches ?

I seem to remember that there are two type of switches available, Cloth or Leather, may be you have installed the Leather switchs, which emit a lower heat.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive got leather in mine and on 5 it burns my ar*e off.i read in a magazine ages ago to change to cloth switches as it more gradual.went to stealer's to be told that they only do one kind of switch.not trusting what they said i had a look on my copy of etka,to find out that there were two types,but just hav`nt got around to doing it.anyway summers coming.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
blimey, i changed from cloth seats to heated leathers but didnt change the switches, i thought they were all the same!!!, anyone have the part numbers for the switches for leather.

thanks zak

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there must be something wrong then ! I dont know what switches i got as i got em off ebay ! I dont know what could be causing the problem. I only have one seat hooked up could this be anything to do with it ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just drove to vw for the parts for my other seat and it seemed to be a bit hotter not sure if its wearing in time thats needed. Checked on the computer at vw there is no mention whatsoever of two types of switches !

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 05/04/2005 13:59:24

4+ scares any passenger who isn't expecting it; they are convinced they just wet themselves.

DEFINETLY hot!

HEHEHEHE nice trick [:p] Mine almost burn on 5, 3 or 4 is more than enough [:)]

·
Registered
737 Posts
Are you using tha same spec cable as fitted at the factory? The heaters will draw alot of current; same principle as when you trip a circuit breaker in you house; it's usually a toaster, kettle or iron that does it ie. sudden high current demand.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im using the cable that is listed in the guide in the DIY section seems very high quality. Dont get me wrong the seats do feel warm but they are no way burning hot.

The lumbar support feels the warmest but the base of the seat is hardly warm i can feel slight warming on the bolsters but very very little on the base. Im having it set on number 5 too.

How long does it usually take to warm up

·
Registered
267 Posts
right then chaps here we go.

left hand switch for cloth part num 1j0 963 563 b

left hand switch for leather part num 1j0 963 563 c

right hand switch for cloth part num 1j0 963 564 b

right hand switch for leather part num 1j0 963 564 c

got these part numbers of etka.hope this helps.[;)]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts