Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking round the forum and I see heated seets being mentioned a few times.

Its got me interested in foing a full retrofit and I'm looking for some more info.

I have managed to figure out how to fit the elements and that I need the kufatec loom - Kufatec normally come with good wiring instructions so I should be ok on that point.

My questions....

1. What is the part number for the element (Cloth seats) - The dealers said
    they cant tell unless I give them a reg of a Golf with them fitted
    (bloody useless up here)
  2. THIS
    is the link to the Kufatec loom I need but what option do I need to
    s elect on the right? (Heating/Climatic/Climatronic - I guess this is
    dependant on the next question)
  3. Can anyone provide a link to what switch I need for the elements? I
    have basic aircon at the moment. I beleive I will need a climatic dash
    panel but will this simply plugin and work with what I have? (manual
    heat settings, manual airflow location, ECON) Kufatec have a 'heating'
    option before climatic, can I possibly get away without fitting a new
    climatic panel?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi Ian

You would do better in finding a complete interior (Leather or rare cloth one that has the heating elements)

If you buy new covers you would be looking at nearly £180 per part (2x seat bases & 2x Backrests)

You would also need to buy 2x Control boxes for each seat which cost nearly £80 each

and if you're still interested a new air con panel with the dials for the seat heating. Not to mention the loom from kufatec

Ed

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Ed, was hoping you would pickup the post ?

So that's ?180 for each element, 2 elements per seat? Are there any aftermarket ones for cheaper?

I didn't know you need a control box, isn't this only if you have lumbar support?

And for the aircon panel, do you know what one I would need? Have you got any pictures/links to correct one?

Kufatech loom is 50euros + postage I believe so it's expensive, but not too bad.

Cheers

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh by the way, the reason why I don't want to change the seats is because they're quite expensive and not got that much ??? at the moment (that's the main reason)
Also, I love my current interior! It's cloth but in red. Haven't seen any other golf with it yet! All factory fitted when the car was new!

·
Registered
95 Posts
ive retro fitted heated seats to my mk5 tdi golf.!

i started off with getting a leather gti interior with the heated seats! but my car had no heated seats!! so this is what i had to get,

kufact heated seat wiring loom!

new ac conrol panel with the heated seat buttons!!

( it has to be the same style as the one in your are at the minute! be it climate, climatic you cant put a digital dual climate control in place of the climatic etc.. )

then it just needs to be coded with vag com ! boom, job done!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Keep an eye on ebay for some seats. I managed to get some heated leather GTi seats for £450 with 4 door cards and arm rest with 6cd changer- got £300 back for the cloth armrest and seats so it doesn't have to be very expensive.
Have a look on ebay.de- I got my Climatic panel off there for 45Euros
Cost me about £300 in total

·
Registered
171 Posts
ive got my old SE cloth seats in the loft, they are heated..........if your interested even if only for the elements, ive also got a relay for them here

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interested in your elements mate!

Can you PM me a price.

Do you know if its easy to stick them to my seats as I know new ones come with a sticky bottom. The relay for them, is that the control box?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Ive done a full write up for retro fitting heated seats (not elements) just witing for another mnber to add bit for me then ill put it up on here.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interested in your elements mate!

Can you PM me a price.

Do you know if its easy to stick them to my seats as I know new ones come with a sticky bottom. The relay for them, is that the control box?

Thanks!!
Pm/email sent, i dont have the control unit as in the link above but like i said i have got a relay for one seat

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi

You can do it with one but then you need to make / buy a more complicated loom

Also the mk5 SE elements that you have been offered are part of the seat cover. Its not like the mk4 which are seperate. If I was in your place just change the whole seat / interior. SE seats are better than the S seats you have. You would gain a load through with armrest and the front seats have lumber and are height adjustable.

http://furmanka.blogspot.com/2009/01/mk5-podgrzewane-siedzienia-heated-seats.html

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Passat-3C-Golf-5-Climatic-Klimabedienteil-Klima-/350401809448?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item5195934c28

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seats are height adjustable but no lumbar support - id love to get a new set but just cannot afford it at the moment.

So the SE ones offered by (phil-miller) wont work with my car?

Thanks for the link Ed

Chuff - I look forward to seeing the guide!! [:)]

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You can fit them but like I said, the element is part of the cover. you can change all your seat covers but you will have 2 small holes on each of the front seats where the knob would be for the lumber support.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry I'm a little confused.
So the element is in the actual foam part of the seat, meaning I can remove my seat covers and put it on the 'new' seats?
Seems like a big job - might be worth buying the kit for the mk4. Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh I think I get it.
So you mean buy the new seat covers and put them over my seats - only problem is matching them to the rears

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You have several options

1. Buy the seat covers (front and back from the SE) and remove all your seat covers and fit the SE covers over your existing seats

2. Modify the front SE covers to fit on your front seats then refit your existing covers over them

3. Buy the Mk4 Kit

4. Buy the new seat covers from the dealer

5. Buy a second hand interior

1 - 20 of 24 Posts