Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls. Im currently going throught a rough period and wanted some views and opinions on stuff from like minded people.

Last sunday i split up with my girlfirend of 2 years a 4 months (shes 17 im 19). Now, i love this girl soooo so much and im currently a wreck cos i dont have her in ym life anymore. The reason we broke up was because we were stuck in a rut and were gettin a bit boring (sex life was still good, but we tended to stay in and watch tv). She suggested that we go on a break cos we were getting boring, bt i got a bit angry and just said whats the point we might aswell split up then. Now that was the most stupid thing iv ever done in my life. Iv begged for her back on nemourous occasions and iv cryed my eyes out over this. She meens the world to me.

But now she is telling me that she wants to see other people b4 she thinks about giving me another chance. Now that hurt so much to hear its unbelivable. So iv told her that if she sees someone else i wont ever get back with her, although id probably take her back asap no matter what she does.

I want her back. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? Also should i be strong and ignor her and get on with my life (will be agony) or do i fight for what i want and try my hardest to get her back?

Please help!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry you've hit a low spot, but you're only 19 mate and she's even younger. Viewing it from a more positive perspective, that's a fine age to be free and single (believe me, I'm 33 - it's bleak [:|] ). Can't expect it all to go smoothly, and to be frank you might be doing yourself an injustice by tying yourself down so early anyway. If it's gone pear shaped even after you've apologised and poured your heart out then I think it's time to show some restraint and get back some self esteem. If she sees you getting yourself back on track without her, you might find she'll suddenly want you back. If she doesn't then it possibly wasn't going to work out anyway. It can be a frustrating game trying to second guess what a woman's going to do next, so just make sure you do what's best for you. In the meantime you might realise there's more out there anyway. It takes 2 to have a crap relationship mate, don't blame yourself all the time.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If anyone said to me they found me boring and wanted a break I wouldn't be hanging around, goes for anyone, be it a friend of a girlfriend.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If anyone said to me they found me boring and wanted a break I wouldn't be hanging around, goes for anyone, be it a friend of a girlfriend.
I remember the first time I had my heart broken. You just got to move on mate. If its not meant to be, then its not meant to be. If it is, she'll come back, trust me! Me and my last gf were in a very similar situation to you for a few years, we got in a rut, and we couldnt get out. So it finished. It was hard at first, but I know it werent meant to be. We'll still good mates, so all is good!

Just give it time and play it by ear etc

Meanwhile, enjoy it while you're still young! Im trying to catch up!

Peter

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for there views.

I agree with her though. We were getting boring and the realtionship had lost a bit of excitment. But after splitting up iv chnaged so much in such a short space of time and want her to relise that its not gunna be how it was before. Iv stopped smoking (smoked for 3 years so its not proving to easy) iv joined the gym and am up there every spare minute, im a happier person in general apart from when i think of her so i dnt think we would be the same, i think the relationship would be so much better but she wont belive that il stay this way.

Sorry you've hit a low spot, but you're only 19 mate and she's even younger. Viewing it from a more positive perspective, that's a fine age to be free and single (believe me, I'm 33 - it's bleak [:|] ). Can't expect it all to go smoothly, and to be frank you might be doing yourself an injustice by tying yourself down so early anyway. If it's gone pear shaped even after you've apologised and poured your heart out then I think it's time to show some restraint and get back some self esteem. If she sees you getting yourself back on track without her, you might find she'll suddenly want you back. If she doesn't then it possibly wasn't going to work out anyway. It can be a frustrating game trying to second guess what a woman's going to do next, so just make sure you do what's best for you. In the meantime you might realise there's more out there anyway. It takes 2 to have a crap relationship mate, don't blame yourself all the time.
Thanks hills, Problem is, i dont feel like im tiing myself down. Id happily spend the rest of my life with this girl! Shes gt everything, Good looks, shes damn smart, has applied for oxford uni so shes up there with the best, shes fun, great in bed. I dont think il ever find anyone like her! Like i said above iv joined a gym and iv stopped smokin so im tryin to make myself more appealing. I want her to see me out and about havin fun and lookin good lol.

The problem problem i have at the momment is if she gets with somone else. I will go mad. At the momment i still see her as my girl and i dont want her taken away from me.

I remember the first time I had my heart broken. You just got to move on mate. If its not meant to be, then its not meant to be. If it is, she'll come back, trust me! Me and my last gf were in a very similar situation to you for a few years, we got in a rut, and we couldnt get out. So it finished. It was hard at first, but I know it werent meant to be. We'll still good mates, so all is good!

Just give it time and play it by ear etc

Meanwhile, enjoy it while you're still young! Im trying to catch up!

Peter
Thanks peter. Did you not feel that youw anted to get back together after you got out the rut? Was it you that decided to split up or her? Im sorry to hear you were in a similar situation, if its anything like mine then i know it would have hurt like mad. To judge the scale on how much i love this girl, if i won the euro millions lottery tonight i would give it all to her (MUG ALERT!) to try and get her back.

Thanks for everyones comments

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
when I was 17, I went out with a girl who I thought was the love of my life. ( she was at the time ) We went out for a couple of years and for one reason or another, it came to an end and I was gutted. Then I went out with a few other girls and 13 years ago, a met a girl who was much younger than me, shy but a bit of a looker [Y]. Still together now - married with a son and another on the way.

Moral - as said above, you are young - go out and enjoy yourself. By the time you get to my age, you'll be bloody desperate to sit down on the sofa for 5 minutes of quiet time without having a paper aeroplane thrown at your face, being run over by a million matchbox cars or stabbed with a pirate's foam cutlass [:D]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I know its a cliche, but it will get easier, there are plenty more fish in the sea etc etc.

You're still young, have some fun and if you 2 are meant to be together, you will end up together [:)]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Firstly unlucky with the situation dude-it sucks....

I am also not gonna pour my personal life over this board but had almost the identical happen to me although it was 3 years!!!

You really have to consider the age factor- She has to go to uni as well(not sure if you are). This shakes up a lot of things- Life is very turbulent and unfortunately I only know of on relationship to last through it.

You will never stop her speaking/seeing others without causing resentment- The only thing is if you are meant to be it will work and her being near other people will only re-affimr that- it takes getting screwed over a couple of times to appreciate what you had!!!!

Once break is mentioned that means"i want to see other people" well in my experience it does

I guess what I'm trying to say is concentrate on you for a while-its never easy though!!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
To judge the scale on how much i love this girl, if i won the euro millions lottery tonight i would give it all to her (MUG ALERT!) to try and get her back.

Thanks for everyones comments
Ahahaha you putz, she'll take your money and still won't go back out with you!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
The problem problem i have at the momment is if she gets with somone else. I will go mad. At the momment i still see her as my girl and i dont want her taken away from me.
As someone once said, don't get mad - get even.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Worth a shot though cheif lol.

Rite what i think i need is for everyone on here to tell how much of a mug i am and that i should just forget about her and move on. It might well persuade me. Lets have a vote shall we! Who thinks im a mug? Let the abuse begin lol.

Wheres W36 EJO when you need him lol.

Actualy i probably better take the pic down before he sees it lol. That reminds me. I need to put a pic up in the ugly mug thread lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, chin up mate.

It's hard to hear, but these things take time. Like the other guys said, most of us have been through something similar.

Nothing anyone says right now will make you any feel better, but try and take comfort in the the fact that it'll hurt a little less with ever day that passes. It's all about time.

Ian

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Rite what i think i need is for everyone on here to tell how much of a mug i am and that i should just forget about her and move on. It might well persuade me. Lets have a vote shall we! Who thinks im a mug? Let the abuse begin lol.
You're a mug.

Aaaaaaah, just forget about 'er...

Move on, man

( any help ? [*-)] )

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep damian lol keep em commin. Its amazing what a women ccan do to a mans head. I rekon they should send my ex over to iraq, she; have em all cryin in no time.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Make sure she see you with another girl on your arm.  If she's got feelings for you, she may come back due to the Green eyed monster effect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You know, you do look a bit like your avatar.....

Just kidding mate. Get on the phone to a couple of good mates, and get your self down the pub this evening to take your mind off things.

·
Registered
414 Posts
1)?If?it?was?ever?to?happen,?then?the?sort?of?guy?she'd?want?to?get?back?together?with?is?the?sort?who?deals?with?the?situation.?Accept?the?current?circumstances,?move?on, make?the?most?of?all?the?freedom,?spend?a?load?of?time?with?your?mates?and?enjoy?only?having?to?think?about?no1.

2)?If?you?do?follow?step?one?you'll?find?yourself?looking?at?the?situation?from?a?logical?point?of?view?and?you?give?yourself?the?best?chance?of?making?informed?decisions?on?what?you?REALLY?want.

I?gave?this?advice?to?a?mate?a?few?weeks?back who broke up with his girlfriend of 3yrs,?i?told?him?to?concentrate?on?living?selfishly?for?a?few?weeks?and?doing?the?things?he?wants?to?do.?He?told?me?in?no?uncertain?terms?that?there's?no?way?he'd?feel?any?different about her how ever long he thinks it over.

WHADDAYA KNOW? A week later he was sat in a bar chatting to a girl we used to go to school with who he'd liked for years and years. I'm not saying go out and pull someone but the point is that he would have told me i was a liar if i had said he'd be sat there with her a week later. You never know what's around the corner, you just have to put yourself in the best state of mind to deal with these situations when they come around said corner.

Chin up fella!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts